spousal sponsor stage 1

Old Apr 11th 2011, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

1984brit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default spousal sponsor stage 1

MY outland sponsorship was delivered to Msga CIC in March for the 1st stage for my wife to be approved as sponsor.

Just checked ECAS and discovered this troubling comment. has anyone encountered this ? :

We started processing your application on April 6, 2011.

We returned your application with a letter on April 6, 2011. You may re-apply or resubmit your application when the information requested is provided. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Were both really confused as we included everything requested and cant think of anything of the top of our heads..............Thanks
Old Apr 11th 2011, 10:33 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spousal sponsor stage 1

I could be wrong, but if it was a refusal then I'd have thought it would say "Decision Made" and you'd get a letter stating the application has been rejected and why.

I'd say something wasn't included or signed. Wait until the package arrives and see what the letter says. Hopefully it's something small and simple.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

thanks...it stated in process on ecas so I hope thats the case.

Im wondering if they are requesting a canada police check as im on implied status over 6 months in canada..just a disapointment as it will set back the process by another month or 2.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 8:12 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Chin up! This can be sooo frustrating. We were already to send our forms in last October, and then there was a mess with our payment. We paid three times in all, but didn't get a receipt. All in all we wasted a lot of time, and couldn't send our forms in until Februrary. If it says 'in process' then it isn't a refusal. With that great big wodge of forms, you probably just didn't sign something. It's the waiting that drives you bonkers isn't it!
Old Apr 12th 2011, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I would imagine that something was missing or not signed. Mississauga deals mainly with the sponsorship rather than the PR, so it is probably something missing or filled in wrongly on the sposor information.

Do you have copies? maybe you could check through the check list and re read your forms to check while you are waiting?

Hopefully you will get everything back, and the explanation letter asap!
Old Apr 13th 2011, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

thanks.....
I will check the copies...hoping to get it back today so will see what the problem is.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

jakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nice

Originally Posted by 1984brit
MY outland sponsorship was delivered to Msga CIC in March for the 1st stage for my wife to be approved as sponsor.

Just checked ECAS and discovered this troubling comment. has anyone encountered this ? :

We started processing your application on April 6, 2011.

We returned your application with a letter on April 6, 2011. You may re-apply or resubmit your application when the information requested is provided. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Were both really confused as we included everything requested and cant think of anything of the top of our heads..............Thanks
Sorry to hear about that but what is ECAS ? and How do I go about checking my status through it, thanks jake
Old Apr 13th 2011, 1:44 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

ECAS (Electronic Client Application Status) is an online system where you might find information about your application, first thing to do is have a look here to see if your application is one that can be checked online.
Other info on what is needed to access it should also be there.

I believe they are updating the system and the information displayed may not always be totally accurate.