Spousal sponsor..clear as mud!!

Old May 13th 2008, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Spousal sponsor..clear as mud!!

Why can't they simplify things a bit for people who want to sponsor their spouse and neither of them living in Canada? I have read thru the piles of paperwork and then it says "if you live outside of Canada this does not apply" grrrrrrr....why not say that first? Why not provide forms for canadian citizens who live with their spouse outside of Canada. I am not a stupid person, but am so confused am thinking..lets stay here in UK.
There is papers that need to go to mississauga, then to london, then medicals, police reports...NO where have I found instructions that say
1. fill in the form and send to...
2. When you get reply to first form fill in this and send too...
Can we send medical and police report before being asked? if not why? no where does it say you can't....maybe am stupid..
but if anyone can simplify this for me...I even sent email to Canadian embassy in London and no reply.
My husband retires, we want to go to back to Canada(I say back referring to me) We have a house in Canada, bank acct, credit cards, do I need to provide letter with sponsor application saying why we want to move back and how I still have ties? One site says yes another doesn't even mention it....
any help appreciated..
Old May 13th 2008, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spousal sponsor..clear as mud!!

It does get a bit confusing in places, doesn't it! You'll find a good summary in the sponsor's pack, which has a check list of exactly what to send and what order it should be in the envelope. It's the Document Checklist [IMM 5491] online here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...fc.asp#sponsor

You send everything to the one address in Mississauga at once - including police checks and medicals. After they approve sponsorship, they send it directly to London. You only have to send additional information if they request it - either you missed something from the original application or they need further evidence. The only thing that you don't send off in the first place is your passport, which will be requested once the application has been approved.

You will find another checklist in the applicant's pack, which tells the applicant to put everything in a specific order then post it to your sponsor - they seem to assume that you don't live together. I spent ages making sure it was all in the right order, then found that the sponsor's pack requires that the order is all changed!

You do need to show that you intend to return to Canada. Your house, bank account etc will all be good evidence of that, and it would be worth writing a letter to explain your situation and why your returning with your evidence.

Last edited by danfolkestone; May 13th 2008 at 10:32 pm.
Old May 13th 2008, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of light

THANK YOU!!!
yes it assumes that we do not live together, I guess it will help that he will have police pension as well and I am due a large inheritance within the next 6 months as well which will be in our canadian acct.
But I thought we didn't need to send financial reports or bank acct statements?
Old May 13th 2008, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

oh it also asks if you are canadian citizen, I checked yes then it asks when???
from birth..why no box for that...(I sure would like to meet the people who make up these applications and give their head a shake) do I put in my birth date?
Old May 13th 2008, 11:36 pm
rolling uphill

edsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Cdnshaz
do I put in my birth date?
We have. It's when you became a citizen, after all. Apparently you in your mother's womb had no nationality …