Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Spousal sponsership via london timeline spreadsheet to help others

Spousal sponsership via london timeline spreadsheet to help others

Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Paul_BC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal sponsership via london timeline spreadsheet to help others

Hi all,

Everyone who is or has been in the situation of being sponsored by their spouse/common law partner will know how stressful it is waiting and not knowing when the next stage will show up on ECAS (if at all).

Basically I want to get together a spreadsheet to help me and others have a rough idea of how things progress and when you are likely to reach the next step wether it be sponsorship approved or PPR.

Would it be possible to get everyone who has completed or is in the last steps of this process to post up their complete timeline. I've started a spreadsheet based on some peoples posted timelines but more data would obviously make this better. Information that is helpful is as follows:

Date application submitted to Missisuaga
Date application received by Missisuaga
Date of sponsorship approval
Date ECAS shows "application received" in London
Date ECAS shows that medicals have been received
Date ECAS shows "in process"
Date ECAS shows "decision made"
Date of passport requests

I'm aware that there are a LOT of factors which would make this useful for some but useless for others however I need something to keep me busy when i'm waiting to be with my wife
Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:55 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal sponsership via london timeline spreadsheet to help others

Paul, what a great idea! Thank you so much - it heartened me to see your timeline at the bottom of your post. I am presently trying to pay my blasted fees, at which time I will post to Missassagua - I hope to be approved as fast as you! Thank you, and I hope all continues well.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice

Date application submitted to Missisuaga 08-10-2010
Date application received by Missisuaga 14-10-2010
Date of sponsorship approval 12-11-2010
Date ECAS shows "application received" in London 18-11-2010
Date ECAS shows that medicals have been received - not sure. December 2010
Date ECAS shows "in process" 21-01-2011
Date ECAS shows "decision made" anyday now lol!
Date of passport requests:

Good idea Paul. there are plenty of people here with timelines so you'll be fairly busy putting it together!
Old Feb 1st 2011, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MillieF
Paul, what a great idea! Thank you so much - it heartened me to see your timeline at the bottom of your post. I am presently trying to pay my blasted fees, at which time I will post to Missassagua - I hope to be approved as fast as you! Thank you, and I hope all continues well.
Thank you very much! I wish you all the best for a quick, relatively stress free process I can assure you it wont be totally stress free lol! I'm checking, worrying, waiting, checking, worrying etc etc
Old Feb 1st 2011, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mdunny
Date application submitted to Missisuaga 08-10-2010
Date application received by Missisuaga 14-10-2010
Date of sponsorship approval 12-11-2010
Date ECAS shows "application received" in London 18-11-2010
Date ECAS shows that medicals have been received - not sure. December 2010
Date ECAS shows "in process" 21-01-2011
Date ECAS shows "decision made" anyday now lol!

Good idea Paul. there are plenty of people here with timelines so you'll be fairly busy putting it together!
Thank you! thats great, hopefully you get a decision soon! You're timeline already helps me and bring on anything that will keep me busy and hopefully help with the stress of waiting.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

Megs_4 is an unknown quantity at this point

I like this idea! Our timeline so far is as follows:

Date application submitted to Missisuaga: November 27th, 2010
Date application received by Missisuaga: December 3rd, 2010
Date of sponsorship approval: January 7th, 2011
Date ECAS shows "application received" in London: January 13th, 2011
Date ECAS shows that medicals have been received: January 13th, 2011
Date ECAS shows "in process": TBC
Date ECAS shows "decision made": TBC
Date of passport requests: TBC

By the looks of most peoples posts, it takes 2 weeks to go from "application received" to "in process"... and then 2 months from "in process" to "decision made".... and that is for those that GET updates on ECAS!?

If we were a gambling couple, we would be hoping to have some news come mid March.... but that doesn't stop me from checking ECAS 15 times a day

Megs & Gordie
Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:41 pm
New Scotland Girl

alexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nice

Date application submitted to Missisuaga: 15-NOV-2010
Date application received by Missisuaga: 17-NOV-2010
Date of sponsorship approval: 14-DEV-2010
Date ECAS shows "application received" in London: 22-DEC-2010
Date ECAS shows that medicals have been received: 22-DEC-2010
Date ECAS shows "in process":
Date ECAS shows "decision made":
Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

suze_h will become famous soon enoughsuze_h will become famous soon enough

Here is my completed timeline - hope it helps! All being well I'm picking my passport up from the Canadian High Commission on Thursday and flying back to Toronto on Friday to land....fingers crossed.

Date application submitted to Missisuaga: 8th September 2010
Date application received by Missisuaga: 17th September 2010 (lost in the mail between Toronto and Mississauga....!)
Date of sponsorship approval: 14th October 2010
Date ECAS shows "application received" in London: It never actually mentioned when it had been received....just that they started processing it on 5th November!
Date ECAS shows that medicals have been received: 5th November 2010
Date ECAS shows "in process": 5th November 2010
Date of passport requests: 6th January 2011
Date ECAS shows "decision made": 10th January 2011

Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Suze
Old Feb 1st 2011, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice

Here's mine (see below)
Old Feb 1st 2011, 4:24 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immig...-class/page/11
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Allie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond repute

Date application submitted to Missisuaga: Can't recall, though it was only a few days before it was received. Sent Royal Mail recorded.
Date application received by Missisuaga: July 9, 2010
Date of sponsorship approval: August 10, 2010
Date ECAS shows "application received" in London: No notification
Date ECAS shows that medicals have been received:
Date ECAS shows "in process" September 1, 2010
Date ECAS shows "decision made"
Date of passport requests: October 1, 2010,

Passport with visa picked up Oct. 22, 2010.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Date application submitted to Missisuaga: 11th October 2010
Date application received by Missisuaga: 13th October 2010
Date of sponsorship approval: 10th November acc to Ecas, but letter was dated 29th November 2010
Date ECAS shows "application received" in London: 25th January stated received on 9th December 2010
Date ECAS shows that medicals have been received: 25th January

Last edited by caleo; Feb 2nd 2011 at 8:07 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all

Great idea! Here's our timeline so far:

Date application submitted to Missisuaga: 8 Dec 2010
Date application received by Missisuaga: 15 Dec 2010
Date of sponsorship approval: 17 Jan 2011
Date ECAS shows "application received" in London: 27 Jan 2011
Date ECAS shows that medicals have been received: 27 Jan 2011
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Thanks all! Looks like the trackitt website does something similar eh, first time ive seen the website! I'm still gonna put something together with the days between each stage though. If there is anything that you feel should be added give me a shout
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Will be interesting to see results - but I really don' think there is any routine or ruling about how long each takes and what variants affect the time lines - it really must be down to individual case officers. 2 people from around my original timeline in October receipt have already had PPRs - and mine is a pretty straightforward case - been married 5.5 years, 2 children together etc. It would be so much easier to deal with if things followed a strict process form the CIC, but they are not there to make it easy are they?

I am now resorting to just waiting - and will hopefully get our PPRs in time to book our landing trip in may

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.