Spousal Sponsership

Old Sep 4th 2005, 1:55 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
blueeyes2002's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 73
blueeyes2002 will become famous soon enoughblueeyes2002 will become famous soon enough
Default Spousal Sponsership

Hi All,

I know you've probably been asked this a hundred times before, but.....

Please can you advise which is easiest????

I'm a Canadian citizen living outside of Canada, and we are planning on emigrating out to Canada ASAP.

I know I need to sponser my husband and son, but is it easier to do it from in Canada, or outside of Canada.

I've read all of the forms on the CIC site and I really can't decide which is best.....

PLease can I have your views?

Many Thanks

Sandi
blueeyes2002 is offline  
Old Sep 4th 2005, 4:29 pm
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: toronto
Posts: 177
nickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Spousal Sponsership

Originally Posted by blueeyes2002
Hi All,

I know you've probably been asked this a hundred times before, but.....

Please can you advise which is easiest????

I'm a Canadian citizen living outside of Canada, and we are planning on emigrating out to Canada ASAP.

I know I need to sponser my husband and son, but is it easier to do it from in Canada, or outside of Canada.

I've read all of the forms on the CIC site and I really can't decide which is best.....

PLease can I have your views?

Many Thanks

Sandi
I'm also sponsoring my husband from outside Canada, as far as i know and have been advised you don't need to sponsor your son as your Canadian and his parent so there for he's Canadian. we've found it fairly straight forward just a few things we had problems with understanding with the application. i hope this helps a little
nickybum is offline  
Old Sep 4th 2005, 6:25 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
blueeyes2002's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 73
blueeyes2002 will become famous soon enoughblueeyes2002 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Spousal Sponsership

Originally Posted by nickybum
I'm also sponsoring my husband from outside Canada, as far as i know and have been advised you don't need to sponsor your son as your Canadian and his parent so there for he's Canadian. we've found it fairly straight forward just a few things we had problems with understanding with the application. i hope this helps a little
Thanks, but my son isn't Canadian, as I wasn't a citizen when he was born....... I applied last year under the old 52B law.

Sandi
blueeyes2002 is offline  
Old Sep 5th 2005, 12:59 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
matty266's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Alberta Canada
Posts: 190
matty266 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Spousal Sponsership

Originally Posted by blueeyes2002
Thanks, but my son isn't Canadian, as I wasn't a citizen when he was born....... I applied last year under the old 52B law.

Sandi
Hi blueeyes

Look at http://cic.gc.ca as you probably already have, you can sponsor your husband and have your child as dependant for out of canada, which will get processed in london, I take it your from UK? sending the completed application to CPC-M which will take less time than applying in canada to vegreville.

Sponsors not residing in Canada must provide evidence that they reside exclusively
outside Canada on the date of giving the undertaking and will reside in Canada at the time
their sponsored spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner and/or children become
permanent residents of Canada. Evidence that they will reside in Canada may include one
or more of the following:
· letter from an employer;
· letter of acceptance to a Canadian educational institution;
· proof of having rented/bought a dwelling in Canada;
· reasonable plans for re-establishing in Canada or severing ties to the other country.

Once CPC-M ahs established this Loncon will continue the processing which at this time mine took 4 months from submittance!

Hope this helps, and i do believe this is the Quickest route for you!
matty266 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.