Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Spousal route - Just a few more questions before I sent forms off!

Wikiposts

Spousal route - Just a few more questions before I sent forms off!

Old Dec 2nd 2010, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all
Default Spousal route - Just a few more questions before I sent forms off!

Hello!

I'm Canadian living in the UK sponsoring my UK spouse.

We have filled out all the forms now and have everything ready to go. Just want confirmation on a few points. Please excuse me if these have been asked before!

Application to Sponsor: Proof of intention to re-establish in Canada.
For this I've included the following:

-copy of a Bank Statement, showing that my Canadian account is still open
-Letter of accommodation from my parents saying that we can stay with them until we find a house.
-Quote from a Removal company
-A letter of an offer of employment in Calgary - this is for my husband though, not me. But I'm hoping it will help our case!

Is that enough?

For both the Application to Sponsor and the Application for Permanent Residence, they want "Additional details of current relationship to prove the relationship is genuine and continuing".
For this we've included:

-Recent family photos of us with our children
-copy of a Bank Statement of our joint account in the UK
-copy of marriage certificate (I noticed that on the 'Document checklist' you only need to include this if your spouse is co-signing - obviously my spouse isn't, but should I include it anyway as proof of relationship?)

Again, is this all enough info?

And finally, two more questions:

1. The following forms do not apply to us, but should we include them with the rest of the Application anyway and just write "Not Applicable"?:

a) Use of a representative IMM5476
b) Questionnaire for Albanian Residents

2. Our children are not included in the Application. We have mentioned them ONLY in:

a) Application for Permanent Residence: IMM5490 - Sponsored Spouse Questionnaire, Q. 29
b) Application to Sponsor: IMM5540 - Sponsor Questionnaire, Q. 12
c) Additional Family Information

Is this correct?

Thank you so much in advance for your help!! Sorry it's a bit long-winded!

Last edited by Cowgirl; Dec 2nd 2010 at 11:00 pm.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

petesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nice
Default Re: Spousal route - Just a few more questions before I sent forms off!

Hello,
I went through the Spousal sponsor route( awaiting PR card) and you are sending more info than I did on mine, but thats a good thing as in my limited experience of emigrating there is no such thing as too much evidential paperwork, saying that I did'nt bother with the Use of a Representative and the Albanian one as they did'nt apply to my situation, as to the Kids are they duel citizens? because we found it was easier as ours are, to get canadian citizen card took about a year then we got the canadian passport for them
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by petesdragon
Hello,
I went through the Spousal sponsor route( awaiting PR card) and you are sending more info than I did on mine, but thats a good thing as in my limited experience of emigrating there is no such thing as too much evidential paperwork, saying that I did'nt bother with the Use of a Representative and the Albanian one as they did'nt apply to my situation, as to the Kids are they duel citizens? because we found it was easier as ours are, to get canadian citizen card took about a year then we got the canadian passport for them
Yes they are duel. We have applied for proof of citizenship (see my timeline below).

We hope to get them in a few months so that they can enter on Can. passports. However if they don't come on time, we will enter on their brit. passports.

Thanks for your response!
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

VW092906 is on a distinguished road

I sent a copy of the letter I got when I applied for my daughters citizenship (not sure if they need it, but thought it may help!)
I also included pictures that went back our entire relationship, not just the recent ones.

good luck! I have to re-send mine in the next few days, so this is the second time I know how you feel
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Cowgirl - thats all sounds fine to me. We put in quite a bit of info from before we were married as well as since we have been married - funny thing we found was that since the kids arrived, we have loads of pics of them and not many of me and hubby - esp not together!

I still had a folder from when hubby applied for visa for UK - it had emails, photos etc, so I just included all that as well. Bills from over the 5 years we have been married. Pretty much the same as you.

I didn't include the representative form nor the albanian form.

We have nothing to show our intention to return - we have investigated and identified where we would like to move to, but until we have the nod that we have got PR, we can't sell the house or look for jobs. we just sent a letter staing what we have been looking into.

Last edited by caleo; Dec 3rd 2010 at 7:55 am. Reason: addition
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

VW092906 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Cowgirl
1. The following forms do not apply to us, but should we include them with the rest of the Application anyway and just write "Not Applicable"?:

a) Use of a representative IMM5476
b) Questionnaire for Albanian Residents
Im pretty sure thats what I did as well (wrote not applicable). on the Albanian form, but didnt do anything with the use of a representative. I figured you would only print that one out if you planned on using it... but the Albanian one was stuck in the middle of the other form they told you to download so didnt know if you could take pages away or not!
Old Dec 4th 2010, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VW092906
I sent a copy of the letter I got when I applied for my daughters citizenship (not sure if they need it, but thought it may help!)
I also included pictures that went back our entire relationship, not just the recent ones.

good luck! I have to re-send mine in the next few days, so this is the second time I know how you feel
Oh no!! I'm so sorry you sent it to the wrong place! Easy mistake to make though. I'll tell ya what, if it wasn't for this forum I would still be completely lost trying to make sense of the various forms!

Thanks everyone for your posts! We went through everything today in detail and it's all nearly ready to send now (finally!!). We're telling the family on Monday, then sending everything on Tues/Weds!!
Old Dec 4th 2010, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by caleo
Cowgirl - thats all sounds fine to me. We put in quite a bit of info from before we were married as well as since we have been married - funny thing we found was that since the kids arrived, we have loads of pics of them and not many of me and hubby - esp not together!

I still had a folder from when hubby applied for visa for UK - it had emails, photos etc, so I just included all that as well. Bills from over the 5 years we have been married. Pretty much the same as you.

I didn't include the representative form nor the albanian form.

We have nothing to show our intention to return - we have investigated and identified where we would like to move to, but until we have the nod that we have got PR, we can't sell the house or look for jobs. we just sent a letter staing what we have been looking into.
Thanks Caleo, good to know! I won't include those 2 forms either then.

The intention to return bit is tricky isn't it? Bit of a catch-22 for you with the house, etc. I'm sure your letter will be fine though, I think lots of other people are in similar circumstances!
Old Dec 4th 2010, 8:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Other people on the forum have sent estate agents valuations (to show you're getting ready to put the property on the market), job hunted in Canada (showing proof of the job applications etc - you don't actually have to take a job!), shown that they have been in touch with potential schools in Canada, etc.

Just thought I'd throw a few ideas out there for the sake of anybody reading as you do have to prove you're going to move back.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

Caleo

I didn't have much either. I wrote a letter saying we were going to stay at my parents, and that if I had to move before my husband I would, but that I would not really be able to sell up now without knowing if he was even going to be approved etc. Sounds pretty much the same as you.

They've approved me, so I'm sure you'll be OK