Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Spousal route- both in USA...questions

Spousal route- both in USA...questions

Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:39 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute
Question Spousal route- both in USA...questions

We got married in 2003 after my husband arrived in the USA via a K-1 (fiance) visa. He's currently a U.S. permanent resident and we've been living in Virginia ever since.

I'm having trouble finding the right information from the CIC site for info about applying through the "Outside of Canada" options:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...nu-outside.asp

Every time I click on "Family Class" I keep seeing information about "reuniting" with family; however we're married and living in the US (I'm a U.S. citizen.)

Am I looking in the wrong place on the website?

Just trying to learn about what options we have so we can move to Canada together. Thanks

Lisa
Old Feb 17th 2009, 9:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal route- both in USA...questions

Don't click on 'Family Class' - that's the wrong thing!

You need to carry on further down the page and click on 'Sponsorship - Spouse, Common-Law or Conjugal Partner and Dependent Children'. That should give you all the info you need.

Old Feb 17th 2009, 9:49 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Don't click on 'Family Class' - that's the wrong thing!

You need to carry on further down the page and click on 'Sponsorship - Spouse, Common-Law or Conjugal Partner and Dependent Children'. That should give you all the info you need.

Thanks christmasoompa

I was reading the sponsorship info...would we have a problem if he hasn't been working in the past few years?
Old Feb 18th 2009, 7:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I'm afraid I don't know enough about spousal sponsorship to be able to tell you, sorry.

But if you post another topic with something relevant in the title then hopefully people that have been through it will be able to help.

Good luck.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 3:09 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jcapulet
We got married in 2003 after my husband arrived in the USA via a K-1 (fiance) visa. He's currently a U.S. permanent resident and we've been living in Virginia ever since.

I'm having trouble finding the right information from the CIC site for info about applying through the "Outside of Canada" options:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...nu-outside.asp

Every time I click on "Family Class" I keep seeing information about "reuniting" with family; however we're married and living in the US (I'm a U.S. citizen.)

Am I looking in the wrong place on the website?

Just trying to learn about what options we have so we can move to Canada together. Thanks

Lisa
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cations/fc.asp

Does he plan to get his U.S. citizenship before leaving?