Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Spousal PR/Quebec undertaking approval confusion! please help!

Spousal PR/Quebec undertaking approval confusion! please help!

Old Oct 12th 2010, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

Matt Lazenby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal PR/Quebec undertaking approval confusion! please help!

Hello everyone,

I've posted on here a few times know and always get sound advice. As usual, something has come up which I find quite confusing and am hoping that someone with experience/knowledge can help out.

I just got a letter from CIC in reference to my Spousal Sponsorship PR application. It says that my application will be processed once my sponsor (Canadian wife) has submitted an undertaking application with the Quebec government, which is where she's from and where we live.

The letter refers me to the Quebec website, which provides an application kit. The website page says that the fact this letter has been received means that the CIC has approved the application, and now it must be approved by the QC government. Is this correct?

It then goes on to say that along with my sponsor's application, we must include an application for my Quebec Selection Certificate, which is something I already got long ago. This is what's really confusing me. Do I have to apply for another? I remember when I made my application for spousal PR that I read something saying that if my CSQ was valid at the time of sending the app (which it was), then I didn't have to apply for another. But there is no mention of this on the QC site.

Also, it's already taken longer than expected to get this far. Does anybody know how long it takes for the undertaking to be approved?

Sorry if this is a bit long-winded. I hope someone here can clarify things and make light of my situation.

Matt