Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Spousal PR delay. Should I be worried?

Spousal PR delay. Should I be worried?

Old May 12th 2008, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

ogcsmith is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal PR delay. Should I be worried?

Okay, I maybe getting my knickers in a twist but London seems to be processing these pretty quick these days.

My wife is Canadian and is sponsoring me ( that bit was sent off I November). That side seems all resolved and the paper work all sent to London in January.

In February we got a note to pay our fees for the PR ( we only paid for the first part in case i got rejected, seems like a mistake now).

So paid for these online and sent a note online with the reciept number.

However, nothing back since, the site says processing. To make matters worse we just sold the house and needed to change our address on the application. We sent a note saying this was fine but then got another note asking about our fees again.

I have tried calling them but they won't discuss the case over the phone. Online requests get nowhere. I might try a fax next

All in all I think my application and my fees are not tied togther hence nothing happening. Anyone have any ideas about the best way of sorting this out?
Old May 13th 2008, 1:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal PR delay. Should I be worried?

We didn't pay upfront either, then paid online the minute we were requested to do so. I wasn't sure where to send the receipt so I sent copies to both London and Mississauga (saying I'd sent copies to both, so please ignore if it wasn't the right one!), and a week later OH's PPR was issued.

Definitely fax though, I've had response to that. If something's wrong, they'll call you right back. If not, they won't answer and you just have to sit tight and wait. In my case Royal Mail didn't ever bring us the PPR so it was worth my bothering them with a fax
Old May 13th 2008, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

ogcsmith is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah, that is reassuring. I have faxed them so hopefully if there is a problem they will let me know. It does seem really odd way to communicate in this day and age though

Thanks for the help.
Old May 13th 2008, 2:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ogcsmith
Ah, that is reassuring. I have faxed them so hopefully if there is a problem they will let me know. It does seem really odd way to communicate in this day and age though

Thanks for the help.
Get used to it, faxing is very Canadian The number of times I've been asked "Fax it to me" ! I bite my tongue and don't remind them it's 2008, not 1988