Spousal PR application - medical

Old Mar 5th 2013, 12:36 pm
  #16  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 39
getmeintohalifax is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spousal PR application - medical

On the CIC website there are two application packages under the Spousal class:

- If your spouse, partner or accompanying dependent child lives with you in Canada, use the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada—Spouse or Common-law Partner.

- If your spouse, partner or dependent child lives outside Canada, use the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class (FC).


I'm assuming that to apply Outland I complete the second application package (and, by turn, I'm assuming that the first application package is only for applying Inland) which is a bit of a lie as I don't live outside of Canada. Maybe I'm just massively confusing myself?!
getmeintohalifax is offline  
Old Mar 5th 2013, 1:58 pm
  #17  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal PR application - medical

Originally Posted by getmeintohalifax
On the CIC website there are two application packages under the Spousal class:

- If your spouse, partner or accompanying dependent child lives with you in Canada, use the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada—Spouse or Common-law Partner.

- If your spouse, partner or dependent child lives outside Canada, use the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class (FC).


I'm assuming that to apply Outland I complete the second application package (and, by turn, I'm assuming that the first application package is only for applying Inland) which is a bit of a lie as I don't live outside of Canada. Maybe I'm just massively confusing myself?!
You are over thinking and worrying for nothing, lol. It is perfectly acceptable to be living in Canada and do an 'outland' application.

You use the "living outside Canada" set of forms, put London down as the office to process your application and your current address as where correspondence should be sent.

Simple
Siouxie is offline  
Old Mar 6th 2013, 12:05 am
  #18  
Concierge
 
SchnookoLoly's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Oakville, ON, CA
Posts: 8,320
SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal PR application - medical

Originally Posted by siouxie
You are over thinking and worrying for nothing, lol. It is perfectly acceptable to be living in Canada and do an 'outland' application.

You use the "living outside Canada" set of forms, put London down as the office to process your application and your current address as where correspondence should be sent.

Simple
+1.

Tons and tons of people have done this on the site. You basically just confirm that you're taking the chance that if you're called for an interview you have to go to London to do it. Some people aren't willing to take that risk. (As has been said, chances are next to zero anyway.)

Not to mention, let's say that something changed with your personal circumstance and you had to move back to the UK. If you leave Canada while your inland application is processing, it can be seen as abandoning your application and then your application gets cancelled. Something else to keep in mind...
SchnookoLoly is offline  
Old Mar 13th 2013, 11:57 am
  #19  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 39
getmeintohalifax is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spousal PR application - medical

Just wanted to follow up on my medical experience. The majority of the medical went fine but my blood pressure came out high (160/100). Based on the general information I've read that seemed like no problem due to the fact that I'm going the spousal route.

Or so I thought. The doc told me that the system changed in November and the paperwork he submits has changed so that the blood pressure section is now the same as for other pr streams. He also said that panel physicians have received absolutely no information on the implications of these changes. As a result, he didn't want to send it off until he could get a good blood pressure reading (he suspected "white coat effect" causing the high blood pressure and he was right... I'd been crapping myself about the medical for weeks and I was able to give a good reading a few days later when I'd calmed down).

Anyway, I just thought it was interesting that the rules for spousal applicants in relation to blood pressure MAY have changed and that even the doctors don't know what's going on!
getmeintohalifax is offline  
Old Mar 13th 2013, 1:07 pm
  #20  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal PR application - medical

Originally Posted by getmeintohalifax
Just wanted to follow up on my medical experience. The majority of the medical went fine but my blood pressure came out high (160/100). Based on the general information I've read that seemed like no problem due to the fact that I'm going the spousal route.

Or so I thought. The doc told me that the system changed in November and the paperwork he submits has changed so that the blood pressure section is now the same as for other pr streams. He also said that panel physicians have received absolutely no information on the implications of these changes. As a result, he didn't want to send it off until he could get a good blood pressure reading (he suspected "white coat effect" causing the high blood pressure and he was right... I'd been crapping myself about the medical for weeks and I was able to give a good reading a few days later when I'd calmed down).

Anyway, I just thought it was interesting that the rules for spousal applicants in relation to blood pressure MAY have changed and that even the doctors don't know what's going on!
Glad it worked out for you in the end

Regardless, as a spouse you are excessive demand exempt and cannot be refused on medical grounds - only if you were a threat to public health or safety, I don't think high blood pressure would be included in that.

See 5:7 http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...p/op15-eng.pdf
Siouxie is offline  
Old Mar 13th 2013, 3:09 pm
  #21  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 4,483
Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal PR application - medical

But for your own sake keep track of your BP.
Jim Humphries is offline  
Old Mar 13th 2013, 4:06 pm
  #22  
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,708
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal PR application - medical

Hi


Originally Posted by siouxie
Glad it worked out for you in the end

Regardless, as a spouse you are excessive demand exempt and cannot be refused on medical grounds - only if you were a threat to public health or safety, I don't think high blood pressure would be included in that.

See 5:7 http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...p/op15-eng.pdf

True, but any physician worth his/her salt would investigate any abnormal findings and refer him or her back to the GP, whether the person was EDE or not.
PMM is offline  
Old Mar 13th 2013, 10:00 pm
  #23  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 39
getmeintohalifax is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spousal PR application - medical

Originally Posted by siouxie
Glad it worked out for you in the end

Regardless, as a spouse you are excessive demand exempt and cannot be refused on medical grounds - only if you were a threat to public health or safety, I don't think high blood pressure would be included in that.

See 5:7 http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...p/op15-eng.pdf
Yeah that's what I was aware of before going to the medical and the doctor even quoted the excessive demand rules to me. However, he indicated that there have been changes and that CIC have not explained the implications of these changes to the panel physicians. He said that it may have still been fine for all they know but he didn't t want to take the chance.
getmeintohalifax is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.