Spousal PPR... but?

Old Jan 14th 2010, 9:17 am
Just Joined

nhbiker is on a distinguished road
Default Spousal PPR... but?

Seems to be a flurry of activity with CHC at the start of the new year.
Happy to say its my turn for PPR at last email at 9am, just when I gotta go to work til 6 lol grrrr.

I have been given a priority address to send pp to as my meds expire Feb 18th. They promise a 3-5 day turnaround with time being so close. Should I believe them lol? I am looking at booking flights for landing 9th Feb... that gives them 3 weeks assuming I send pp tomorrow and they open it Monday.

They also give the option to have medicals reissued and start the 12month clock again... I don't really want to go that route, so am sending pp tomorrow.....wish me luck and the postman....speed lol
Old Jan 16th 2010, 12:59 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Spousal PPR... but?

Well I bit the bullet, hubby agrees with me that paying out for new meds if we don't have to is silly. Every penny we spend here is a penny we do not have to move with lol.

Sent passport special delivery to the address specified for a 3-5 day turnaround, they are guaranteed delivery on Monday.

Booked flights to Detroit (We have friends there so will drive to the Windsor border to land while based at friends' home) Feb 9th - 16th. Hubby must must must be at work for a new menu rollout on Feb 19th so that takes a week off us (have to land by Feb 18th).

If the CHC get my passport on Monday 18th, that gives them precisely 21 days (including weekends) to get my passport back to me. Anyone else think this is cutting things a bit fine for something sooooo important lol??

If this does not work lol I will be broke, and I can't even take the holiday to cheer myself up as I won't have a passport eeks.

Please wish me luck and pray for the posties to have wings on their feet for me
Old Jan 16th 2010, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

brummi is on a distinguished road

Wow you must be on pins! Good luck, I really hope they stick to their word and return your passport and shiney new visa pronto
Old Jan 16th 2010, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the well wishes lol, I admit I am somewhat terrified that something will go wrong.

Nothing in this has gone smoothly for us, so we are hoping life will cut us a long overdue break and allow us to sail through this part

Will be checking the Royal Mail track and trace almost as avidly as E-Cas tomorrow methinks
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:43 am
Just Joined

Well according to post office track and trace, my passport was delivered today
Just on the off-chance, I checked E-Cas and the status has changed to Decision Made.. woohoo am feeling really quite positive today that things are gonna work out
Old Jan 29th 2010, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

Picked up passport and COPR stuff this morning from the sorting office.... not quite a 3-5 day turnaround but 14 days is still not too shabby.

Off to Detroit Feb 9 - 17, will use the Windsor tunnel bus to land somewhere in the middle of that lol then back to sell the house

Good luck to those still waiting, it is painful, but that shiny new visa is awesome lol !!!! worth waiting for

Sara
Old Jan 29th 2010, 10:34 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and best of luck with the landing
Old Jan 29th 2010, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

Thank you
Its hard to believe that in under 2 weeks I will be a PR... albeit one who is still living in UK for a little while longer lol

Sara