Spousal open work permit at POE

Old Jul 2nd 2014, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

chrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spousal open work permit at POE

My partner and I will landing in Canada in early August, with my partner entering under an approved study permit (letter of invitation issued) and myself under a SOWP at POE as I am a UK citizen / passport holder.

In terms of a declaration of common law union, as I am applying at POE will this still need to be a formal CIC form IMM5409E, which I presume needs to be formally notarised in the UK? Or will we simply be able to demonstrate to the CBSA officer documentary evidence of our common law relationship, i.e we have been together for 7 years and have joint rental / lease agreements and bank accounts Ect dating back a number of years as per the requirements of the IMM5409E?

I have followed the usual research for this, but generally the IMM5409E seems to only be submitted as part of outland / inland CIC direct applications?

Thank you in advance
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal open work permit at POE

Originally Posted by chrisro55
My partner and I will landing in Canada in early August, with my partner entering under an approved study permit (letter of invitation issued) and myself under a SOWP at POE as I am a UK citizen / passport holder.

In terms of a declaration of common law union, as I am applying at POE will this still need to be a formal CIC form IMM5409E, which I presume needs to be formally notarised in the UK? Or will we simply be able to demonstrate to the CBSA officer documentary evidence of our common law relationship, i.e we have been together for 7 years and have joint rental / lease agreements and bank accounts Ect dating back a number of years as per the requirements of the IMM5409E?

I have followed the usual research for this, but generally the IMM5409E seems to only be submitted as part of outland / inland CIC direct applications?

Thank you in advance
If applying at the POE just provide proof that you are common law. No forms to fill in just proof if asked and pay the $155 for the work permit.