Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Spousal class outland Application approved, passport requested!

Spousal class outland Application approved, passport requested!

Old Aug 26th 2010, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

alanw22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal class outland Application approved, passport requested!

Hey all,

Not been on much, but did get good info so thanks for that!
We are in the UK (well I am, lady in Canada due to unrelated issues, not supposed to be..). Met in Oct 2007, living together since Sept 2008.

Thought I'd update people who would like some info regarding Spousal sponsorship - outland.

Submitted our Sponsorship app to Missisuaga June 22nd 2010, received June 26th.
Approved sponsorship July 13th 2010, they sent my (Applicants pack) to London. London received on 23rd July 2010. Started processing 26th july 2010.

Request for passport email received today (26th July 2010).

So thats one whole month to approve me!! WOW..

We did the application ourselves, had tons of photos, cards, emails, texts etc.
Went over it with a fine toothcomb, had letters from friends, family.

So for all those worried, don't be!!! Save yourself some £ and do it yourself.

Now for the fun of selling up ( we rent luckily) and aiming for landing in October (Asia backpacking may make it Jan)...

So Canada here I come, looking forward to a new life in wide open spaces and the beauty of the wilderness!

Old Aug 26th 2010, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

smivers is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spousal class outland Application approved, passport requested!

Congrats Alan! Same timeline as me
Old Aug 26th 2010, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

So quick at the moment! Lucky for us I guess?!
Old Aug 26th 2010, 4:50 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Wow!! That was incredibly fast!

Congratulations

Old Aug 26th 2010, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

I was shocked also! Must need ecologists or something....
Old Aug 26th 2010, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Allie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond repute

That's great news! I hope ours is just as quick.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

Enforcer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Alanw22,Many Congrats, i'm just about to submit an outland and have got a letter from in-laws to state they will support initial move for me and the Mrs who's a canadian citizen, is this enough? or did you include any other stuff to prove the intention of returning back once approved ..

Cheers
Old Aug 26th 2010, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Hey,

we supplied a big list of stuff. Probably 4-5 letters each from friends & family, emails, phone bills and texts, cards, photos from our 2.5 year relationship. Usual stuff such as police checks, medicals, forms. Took a long time doing forms and poring over them to get them right. The language can be difficult to understand but we obviously did in the end! I made sure all my past history was correct and any possible angle was covered.
supplied finances from sponsor also, though was not required (only Inland i think) thats probably important though as it shows you have means to survive without state help.

Having said that I understand it is easier if you are married, we applied Common-law.

Good luck!
Old Aug 27th 2010, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all

Congratulations and good luck for your future life in Canada.

Steve
Old Aug 27th 2010, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

bertclark is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulation Alan! I'm a bit jealous - our application was received in Mississauga a day before yours and not approved until almost a month after yours!
Old Aug 27th 2010, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

It must be based on personal info and circumstances I think, or the whims of the person who gets your file? Very strange that there are so many differing timelines. I'm sure they could get the timing within a certain window for differing categories. Its the waiting thats the worst without feedback!

Hope yours arrives soon!
Old Aug 28th 2010, 12:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

Originally Posted by alanw22
It must be based on personal info and circumstances I think, or the whims of the person who gets your file? Very strange that there are so many differing timelines. I'm sure they could get the timing within a certain window for differing categories. Its the waiting thats the worst without feedback!

Hope yours arrives soon!
Wow alan, that's an awesome timeline, the fastest I've seen on here I think! Congrats and welcome to Canada, whereabouts are you guys thinking about settling?
Old Aug 28th 2010, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Seems pretty fast to me, there are others I've seen along same timeline also, they seem to be quick at the moment for some reason.

We will be in Ontario, have a house near Newmarket and the In laws live in CC in Minden, (Snowsville, they had 41 inches last winter!).

I'm looking forward to getting away from the crowds here and to all those pancake breakfasts, Tim Horton coffees, days at the lake, and wilderness out there, plus cheap skiing!