Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Spousal Applications being sped up

Spousal Applications being sped up

Old Sep 25th 2020, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Antwerp_Belgian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal Applications being sped up

Some good news on Spousal applications being sped up atm by the IRCC. Not complaining myself because I've only just submitted in August and we're not an urgent case, but nice to know.

"September 24, 2020—Ottawa—Today, the Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, is announcing action to speed up spousal application processing and help families build their lives together in Canada.Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has increased the number of decision makers on spousal applications in Canada by 66%, to process spousal applications more quickly and reduce couples’ wait times."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...lications.html

Old Sep 25th 2020, 4:44 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal Applications being sped up

Originally Posted by Antwerp_Belgian
Some good news on Spousal applications being sped up atm by the IRCC. Not complaining myself because I've only just submitted in August and we're not an urgent case, but nice to know.

"September 24, 2020—Ottawa—Today, the Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, is announcing action to speed up spousal application processing and help families build their lives together in Canada.Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has increased the number of decision makers on spousal applications in Canada by 66%, to process spousal applications more quickly and reduce couples’ wait times."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...lications.html
Excellent news, thanks for giving the heads up.. (It took 5 years for mine to be processed) anything less than a year has got to be a blessing!

IRCC aims to accelerate, prioritize and finalize approximately 6,000 spousal applications each month from October until December 2020. Combined with processing to date, this rate will lead to about 49,000 decisions by the end of this year.