Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Spousal Application Question Time for Inprogress to decision made

Wikiposts

Spousal Application Question Time for Inprogress to decision made

Old Sep 25th 2006, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

dudewheresmycar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal Application Question Time for Inprogress to decision made

Hi

I have applied for sponsoring my spouse Aug 4th 06 and got letter from missisauga dated 18th Sep 06.

The status is currently showing as inprogress.

My question is how long does it take to change to Decision Made?

Is the online status upto date as regards the status?

Any one else with recent Spousal time line please post in response.

-- The Dude
Old Sep 25th 2006, 2:26 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spousal Application Question Time for Inprogress to decision made

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...ml#sponsorship

Originally Posted by dudewheresmycar
Hi

I have applied for sponsoring my spouse Aug 4th 06 and got letter from missisauga dated 18th Sep 06.

The status is currently showing as inprogress.

My question is how long does it take to change to Decision Made?

Is the online status upto date as regards the status?

Any one else with recent Spousal time line please post in response.

-- The Dude
Old Sep 25th 2006, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

sabbyiam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Mr. Miller

Thanks for your reply. In the link you gave can you also please let me know the difference in Permanent Residence Applications( CPC Vegreville) and
Sponsorship applications ( CPC Mississauga). I guess the difference is that whether your spouse in already in Canada or no.

Also under sponosored applications; it says 54 days in Mississauga, so does that mean its 54 days in Canada and then the file is transferred to local canadian high comission of the country where spouse lives where its another 3-4 months ( for india) for example?

Regards
JC

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Old Sep 25th 2006, 4:01 pm

The difference is a completely different process.

1. Spouses who are abroad must go through standard sponsorship process - (1) sponsorship application in Mississauga and (2) PR visa application in visa post in home country.

2. Spouses who are already in Canada have in addition to above the option to use "spouse in Canada" inland application process when all is processed in Vegreville. Note that listed 8-9 months is the time to reach Approval in Principle only - some spouses receive final approval within weeks from AIP (those with no security check delays and simple background check), while others (with more complex security and backgeound checks) wait several more months, or even a year after AIP for final decision.

Originally Posted by sabbyiam
Hello Mr. Miller

Thanks for your reply. In the link you gave can you also please let me know the difference in Permanent Residence Applications( CPC Vegreville) and
Sponsorship applications ( CPC Mississauga). I guess the difference is that whether your spouse in already in Canada or no.

Also under sponosored applications; it says 54 days in Mississauga, so does that mean its 54 days in Canada and then the file is transferred to local canadian high comission of the country where spouse lives where its another 3-4 months ( for india) for example?

Regards
JC
Old Sep 25th 2006, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

sabbyiam is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Mr. Miller.

Can you please answer one other small question ( regarding Option # 1 - spouses who are abroad ) - the 2 processes you mentioned in this case

-----(1) sponsorship application in Mississauga and (2) PR visa application in visa post in home country.--------

can one process them simultaneously like apply in Mississauga separately and home country separately or its a 2 step process where on applies in Mississauga ( with a complete file:all documents, including medical and police clearance) and then the file is transferred to home country.

Thanks a lot again.

Sabby

The difference is a completely different process.

1. Spouses who are abroad must go through standard sponsorship process - (1) sponsorship application in Mississauga and (2) PR visa application in visa post in home country.

2. Spouses who are already in Canada have in addition to above the option to use "spouse in Canada" inland application process when all is processed in Vegreville. Note that listed 8-9 months is the time to reach Approval in Principle only - some spouses receive final approval within weeks from AIP (those with no security check delays and simple background check), while others (with more complex security and backgeound checks) wait several more months, or even a year after AIP for final decision.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 3:14 am

Both applications - sponsorship and PR visa - must be submitted together to Mississauga and after sponsor is approved Mississauga forwards PR visa application to proper visa post abroad. All of it is fully explained in application guide that is a part of application kit:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/fc.html

Originally Posted by sabbyiam
Thanks Mr. Miller.

Can you please answer one other small question ( regarding Option # 1 - spouses who are abroad ) - the 2 processes you mentioned in this case

-----(1) sponsorship application in Mississauga and (2) PR visa application in visa post in home country.--------

can one process them simultaneously like apply in Mississauga separately and home country separately or its a 2 step process where on applies in Mississauga ( with a complete file:all documents, including medical and police clearance) and then the file is transferred to home country.

Thanks a lot again.

Sabby
Old Sep 26th 2006, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

dudewheresmycar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thanks for the response guys.

I just called up Missussuaga and was told that the agent could not make a decision and has forwarded it to a higher authority, hence it could take more than the normal time.

She was saying the back log is months.

How do i find out why the agent could not make a decision.
Has this happened to anyone and could share the time it took for getting a decision.

Would Caips help me in this regard in finding the reason.

-- The Dude

Both applications - sponsorship and PR visa - must be submitted together to Mississauga and after sponsor is approved Mississauga forwards PR visa application to proper visa post abroad. All of it is fully explained in application guide that is a part of application kit:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/fc.html