Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Spousal Application-Mr. Miller Please

Spousal Application-Mr. Miller Please

Old Nov 10th 2004, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Goodwisher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal Application-Mr. Miller Please

Hi,

I am a PR of Quebec, Canada. My wife is In Bangladesh. Is there any way that, She can come here and apply as an Inland applicant. If she comes with a visitor visa, is it possible to apply as an inland applicant?

Is it safe to do so? As, visitor visa may not be more than 6 months.

Or we should go for Missasuga and then Singapore and not as Inland? Which will be better?

Need your Advice please.

Goodwisher
Old Nov 10th 2004, 5:02 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal Application-Mr. Miller Please

Hi GW

Originally Posted by Goodwisher
Hi,

I am a PR of Quebec, Canada. My wife is In Bangladesh. Is there any way that, She can come here and apply as an Inland applicant. If she comes with a visitor visa, is it possible to apply as an inland applicant?

Is it safe to do so? As, visitor visa may not be more than 6 months.

Or we should go for Missasuga and then Singapore and not as Inland? Which will be better?

Need your Advice please.

Goodwisher
The problem is can your wife get a visitor visa to come to Canada? If she is honest and states that she is coming to Canada so that you can apply as an inland spousal application, and is issued the visa, all well and good. But if she lies about the reason for coming to Canada, she will be ineligble to apply for in-canada spousal.

I would think that you are probably looking at an out of Canada sponsorship to honest.

PMM
Old Nov 10th 2004, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

Optimistic is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

It seems I am about to land in the same situation as Goodwisher. I am curious to know that is the spouse allowed to come to Canada as a visitor while his or her sponcership application is being processed outside Canada?

Thanks

OP
Old Nov 10th 2004, 6:41 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Optimistic

Originally Posted by Optimistic
Hi,

It seems I am about to land in the same situation as Goodwisher. I am curious to know that is the spouse allowed to come to Canada as a visitor while his or her sponcership application is being processed outside Canada?

Thanks

OP
Is usually extremely difficult to get a visitor visa for a spouse who is being processed for PR.

PMM
Old Nov 11th 2004, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

Optimistic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi Optimistic

Is usually extremely difficult to get a visitor visa for a spouse who is being processed for PR.

PMM

Thanks PPM
Old Nov 12th 2004, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Siona is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, from my own experience…I am Canadian and sponsoring my husband through in-Canada sponsorship. We were in his home country and decided to come back to Canada together. We declared his intent to immigrate at the Toronto airport (first entry point to Canada). We had our marriage certificate and some other useful info on hand. We asked the officer for a one-year visitor’s permit rather than six months. This was granted and she noted his intention at the bottom of the permit as well as that he was accompanied by Canadian wife and that she saw our marriage certificate. It worked well for us and we only had to extend my husband’s visitor permit once during the wait for his permanent residence.
Old Nov 12th 2004, 6:11 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Siona

Originally Posted by Siona
Hi, from my own experience…I am Canadian and sponsoring my husband through in-Canada sponsorship. We were in his home country and decided to come back to Canada together. We declared his intent to immigrate at the Toronto airport (first entry point to Canada). We had our marriage certificate and some other useful info on hand. We asked the officer for a one-year visitor’s permit rather than six months. This was granted and she noted his intention at the bottom of the permit as well as that he was accompanied by Canadian wife and that she saw our marriage certificate. It worked well for us and we only had to extend my husband’s visitor permit once during the wait for his permanent residence.
Your spouse either didn't require a Canadian visitor visa or all ready had one. Also the previous posters are PRs not CCs. If their spouses were able to get on a plane w/o a CVV (very doubtful) they would be refused admission at the POE on arrival.

PMM