Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

spousal application - can I sent x-ray later?

spousal application - can I sent x-ray later?

Old Mar 13th 2007, 3:29 am
Just Joined

zedbed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default spousal application - can I sent x-ray later?

My Cdn husband has a job to start on 1 August. We have everything ready except the medical - I'm pregnant, due in June.

It seems really stupid that we can't even submit my application until then. On the CIC website there is a hint, but nothing more, that pregnant women can have the medical and then send along the x-ray, with the baby's birth certificate, afterwards. Does anyone know anything about this?

Any help appreciated. We did email the High Commission in London but they didn't address the question.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 3:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spousal application - can I sent x-ray later?

You can have it if you want. The DMPs aren't allowed to advise either way.

If I was desperate, I wouldn't have a problem with it - it's not early pregnancy, the abdomen is well shielded - but I'm not a doctor.

Do you need to wait and add your baby to a sponsorship application - surely (s)he's Canadian at birth by having a Canadian parent?
Old Mar 13th 2007, 3:55 am
Just Joined

zedbed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: spousal application - can I sent x-ray later?

Hi, thanks for replying. I definitely want to wait and will apply inland if necessary - the hospital the DMP uses for xrays probably won't do it anyway. The baby will be Canadian - I got the impression they wanted the birth certificate so they knew why the xray was late.