Spousal application

Old Oct 12th 2011, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Bumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spousal application

Hi everyone,

my husband has Canadian citizenship, and we are hoping to move to Canada with our 2 children. We wondered whether the spousal application is more likely to be accepted if we move over then apply or apply from the UK? We would rather have it in place before we go unless of course there's any chance it'll be rejected and we don't want to begin the process only to change to the 'within Canada' forms halfway through. Any help would be appreciated. Also would our children be able to get Canadian passports straight away?

Cheers
Old Oct 12th 2011, 8:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal application

Originally Posted by Bumblebee2
Hi everyone,

my husband has Canadian citizenship, and we are hoping to move to Canada with our 2 children. We wondered whether the spousal application is more likely to be accepted if we move over then apply or apply from the UK? We would rather have it in place before we go unless of course there's any chance it'll be rejected and we don't want to begin the process only to change to the 'within Canada' forms halfway through. Any help would be appreciated. Also would our children be able to get Canadian passports straight away?

Cheers
You can apply from the UK, that's no problem. It would be the same process as if you were applying from Canada (you can apply 'outland' even if you were in Canada, most do as it's soooo much quicker than an 'inland' application).

As for your children, were they born in Canada? If not, do they have their proof of citizenship? From my understanding, they'll need that to apply for a passport unless they were actually born in Canada, and you'll need to budget quite a bit of extra time for that as it takes quite a while.

Old Oct 17th 2011, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

Bumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply.

I was hoping that our children would automatically get Canadian passports as my husband has citizenship. Both of our children were born in the UK.

On a slightly different note, we were thinking of using an immigration consultant to help with the forms.

Could anyone recommend one and are they worth using?

Thanks
Old Oct 18th 2011, 1:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bumblebee2
Thanks for the reply.

I was hoping that our children would automatically get Canadian passports as my husband has citizenship. Both of our children were born in the UK.

On a slightly different note, we were thinking of using an immigration consultant to help with the forms.

Could anyone recommend one and are they worth using?

Thanks
Your children are eligible for Canadian passports as they are also citizens, but to apply for one you'll need proof of their citizenship - as you don't have a Canadian birth certificate you'll have to get a citizenship certificate instead, which can take around a year I believe. So do factor that in to your planning.

For immigration consultant recommendations, have a quick search of the forum as you'll find lots of threads with recommendations on.