Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Spousal App - Applying Outland, can you not pay the fees online?

Wikiposts

Spousal App - Applying Outland, can you not pay the fees online?

Old Jul 2nd 2012, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spousal App - Applying Outland, can you not pay the fees online?

So we are trying to find out how to pay the fees online...however, it's confusing us because everything appears that you can only apply to pay fees online if you are in Canada. My husband is, I am not. We want to apply outland...we followed the links online as instructed by the sponsors guide.

We secondly selected the link for 'If you are applying at an office outside Canada' - we are applying to London, does this mean you are applying Inland or Outland or does it mean physically paying outside or inside of Canada?

Application fees

If you are applying at an office outside Canada
You can find information on fee payment methods at the website of the visa office (immigration applications) or the Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate (proof of citizenship applications) responsible for your area. Visa and consular offices cannot accept receipts for fees paid in Canada.

So we selected the link visa office in the paragraph which took us to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...s/missions.asp

We then selected UK http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ons/london.asp then selected Internet Sitehttp://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...ang=eng&view=d the Fees and Payment Options which brought us to here http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...is.aspx?view=d (which gives you no option to pay online.

Then out of curiosity we followed the If you are applying at an office in Canada which does give you the option to pay online, when we selected the Immigration option it clearly states at the top 'Applications for persons in Canada' This sounds very dumb to me to be asking this...but it does have both of us stumped as he is paying all the fees and is in Canada but I am not
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 6:09 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal App - Applying Outland, can you not pay the fees online?

Hi

Originally Posted by scottish_maple
So we are trying to find out how to pay the fees online...however, it's confusing us because everything appears that you can only apply to pay fees online if you are in Canada. My husband is, I am not. We want to apply outland...we followed the links online as instructed by the sponsors guide.

We secondly selected the link for 'If you are applying at an office outside Canada' - we are applying to London, does this mean you are applying Inland or Outland or does it mean physically paying outside or inside of Canada?

Application fees

You can find information on fee payment methods at the website of the visa office (immigration applications) or the Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate (proof of citizenship applications) responsible for your area. Visa and consular offices cannot accept receipts for fees paid in Canada.

So we selected the link visa office in the paragraph which took us to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...s/missions.asp

We then selected UK http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ons/london.asp then selected Internet Sitehttp://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...ang=eng&view=d the Fees and Payment Options which brought us to here http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...is.aspx?view=d (which gives you no option to pay online.

Then out of curiosity we followed the If you are applying at an office in Canada which does give you the option to pay online, when we selected the Immigration option it clearly states at the top 'Applications for persons in Canada' This sounds very dumb to me to be asking this...but it does have both of us stumped as he is paying all the fees and is in Canada but I am not

1. You maybe be outside Canada, but as sponsorships and applications go to Mississauga first, you select that office in Canada to pay on line.
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 6:17 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

This is all in the Guide which you should read carefully: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...OC.asp#pay-fee
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. You maybe be outside Canada, but as sponsorships and applications go to Mississauga first, you select that office in Canada to pay on line.
Thank you that's what we were thinking...after following the applying inside Canada, I would not have asked the original question if I was paying the fees I would have just gone to the bank but as my husband is paying and he is in Canada, this is what confused us. Thanks again
Old Jul 17th 2012, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

pinkandco is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for asking this question, I had the same one - the website on payments is rather confusing! We'll get there.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 5:18 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

My only big negative with the whole of the spousal application is the difficulty we had with paying. We found it most confusing. By the time you have 'proved' you are who you say you are definitively, why couldn't they just let you pay with a credit card? Best of luck.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 4:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pinkandco
Thank you for asking this question, I had the same one - the website on payments is rather confusing! We'll get there.
I hope so, still haven't paid for it yet
Old Jul 20th 2012, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MillieF
My only big negative with the whole of the spousal application is the difficulty we had with paying. We found it most confusing. By the time you have 'proved' you are who you say you are definitively, why couldn't they just let you pay with a credit card? Best of luck.
Thank you. You would think in this day and age...that an online payment would be the easiest option all round for most people...but CIC think differently I can't wait until this application is in...I want it gone...then I won't have to worry about it anymore...as the decision is out of my hands.

Last edited by scottish_maple; Jul 20th 2012 at 4:57 am. Reason: wrong word...duh
Old Jul 20th 2012, 8:04 am
BE user by choice

MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I'm with you fully... For at least a month... Then you start to wonder! Best of luck...and.. Patience
Old Jul 20th 2012, 5:21 pm
BE user by choice

Originally Posted by scottish_maple
Thank you. You would think in this day and age...that an online payment would be the easiest option all round for most people...but CIC think differently I can't wait until this application is in...I want it gone...then I won't have to worry about it anymore...as the decision is out of my hands.
Yes, I'm with you fully on the payments front. There is a wonderful sense of peace for about three weeks after it's all sent off, then you start worrying about where it is, why they haven't replied and is it possible you missed something! Very Best of Luck