Sponsorship Visa

Old Mar 13th 2013, 4:02 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsorship Visa

hmm I dunno about this one, will the baby be a citizen by descent FL? or would it have to be spnsored? If i did then you could go to Canada and land, come back to the UK, sponsor the baby and do it that way.

OR move to Canada asap and have the baby there.

I will add that I don't know a lot about the above process so I could be talking pure BS (would this thread be better in the immigration section mods?)
Old Mar 13th 2013, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

Chapponick is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah as what would happen if you were holidaying and had your baby in another country!confusing!
Old Mar 13th 2013, 4:27 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chapponick
yeah we were looking at oct this year but we might have to have a rethink if thats the case, also due to have a baby in may so any idea what we have to do for baby?This is complicated, I know we have to tell the embassy about the baby when its born but then.....
As your wife is a Canadian Citizen, your baby 'should' be a Canadian Citizen as well, provided your wife was born in Canada. I suggest looking at this website to double check: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizen...ules/index.asp

If your baby is, then you can apply for proof of Citizenship: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/proof.asp before coming to Canada, or alternatively, have copies of both the childs birth certificate and her Mothers when you come to Canada and apply once you are here.

If your baby is not a Citizen (after checking the rules in the first link) then you would need to either add her to your application if you have not landed, or if you have already landed then your wife would need to sponsor the child separately.

Old Mar 13th 2013, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

thank you very helpful, yeah she was born in canada too, thanks
Old Mar 13th 2013, 4:33 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

You are most welcome.

Double check that the baby will be a Canadian Citizen at birth and if they will be there is no need to notify CIC when s/he is born.

Old Mar 13th 2013, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by siouxie
You are most welcome.

Double check that the baby will be a Canadian Citizen at birth and if they will be there is no need to notify CIC when s/he is born.

Also which section am I best to ask about my career, im an electrician and wondered if im best to do my 17th edition before I come to canada, will it help me advance there or not?

Thanks for your knowledge and time

Nick
Old Mar 13th 2013, 4:50 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I'd post that in the Canada section (where this thread originally was) apparently there is lots of work for sparkies right now - though you will have to have your quals recognised. Theres actually a recent thread going on right now about the very same thing.

You could go about getting the paperwork done for that right now!

Hang on i'll link to the thread
Old Mar 13th 2013, 4:52 am
Sawdust making harpy

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790322

Hmm this is for alberta, where will you be moving to?
Old Mar 13th 2013, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790322

Hmm this is for alberta, where will you be moving to?
your an absolute star.

Starting in Regina sask, with my mother inlaw, then either settling there or going to Medicine Hat Alberta.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 5:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chapponick
Also which section am I best to ask about my career,
As MMC has said, in the main part of the forum. Please take the time to read the 'Newcomers to the Forum' sticky thread - link in my signature - which includes a guide on which bit of the forum is for what.

Thx.