Sponsorship Questions

Old Oct 6th 2011, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

skytra7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsorship Questions

I would like to immigrate to Canada via the Family Class route to live with my Canadian wife who lives in Nova Scotia. We have found the official government website (CIC) extremely confusing and would like some help regarding making a application via the Spousal Sponsorship.

I would be grateful if you could answer general questions about this visa application (I have set out the questions to make it easier for replies, the questions can be copied into the reply with answers under each question).

I will apprieciate it if you can only answer some of the questions!!

1. Is it possible to have the application processed quicker than the standard processing stated on the CIC website?

2. On the CIC website it says the 'Right of Permanent Residence Fee' can speed up the application process. Will this reduce the standard processing time stated on the website?

3. Do I have to wait for my wife (sponsor) to complete her application and receive approval before I can make my part of the application as the applicant (I mean are there documents from my wife’s application that I need to add to my own application)? Or can we make our applications at the same time?

4. Will the Sponsor (my wife) need to prove that she has enough money her bank account to show she can financially support me and if so, what is that minimum financial amount?

5. Will CIC request bank checks?

6. Does anyone know of any free services in UK or Canada (Nova Scotia) that will help with this process?

7. Why is the process faster if I am applying for immigration outside of the country

8. Do I have to state that I have children in the application even if they are be part of the application.

Thanks so much!
Old Oct 7th 2011, 5:12 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsorship Questions

Originally Posted by skytra7
I would like to immigrate to Canada via the Family Class route to live with my Canadian wife who lives in Nova Scotia. We have found the official government website (CIC) extremely confusing and would like some help regarding making a application via the Spousal Sponsorship.

I would be grateful if you could answer general questions about this visa application (I have set out the questions to make it easier for replies, the questions can be copied into the reply with answers under each question).

I will apprieciate it if you can only answer some of the questions!!

1. Is it possible to have the application processed quicker than the standard processing stated on the CIC website?

2. On the CIC website it says the 'Right of Permanent Residence Fee' can speed up the application process. Will this reduce the standard processing time stated on the website?

3. Do I have to wait for my wife (sponsor) to complete her application and receive approval before I can make my part of the application as the applicant (I mean are there documents from my wife’s application that I need to add to my own application)? Or can we make our applications at the same time?

4. Will the Sponsor (my wife) need to prove that she has enough money her bank account to show she can financially support me and if so, what is that minimum financial amount?

5. Will CIC request bank checks?

6. Does anyone know of any free services in UK or Canada (Nova Scotia) that will help with this process?

7. Why is the process faster if I am applying for immigration outside of the country

8. Do I have to state that I have children in the application even if they are be part of the application.

Thanks so much!
1. The posted times on CIC are for 80% of the applications submitted. A complete well prepared application and sponsorship may shorten the time. Any criminality or having lived in a number of countries, will lengthen it.
2. No, by not paying the RPRF upfront, lengthens the published processing times, as CHC has to request the fee and then wait for proof of it being paid.
3. Re-read the instructions. Your spouse submits the sponsorship and your application with proof of medical, and police certificates as well as the proof of relationship. Both are sent to Mississauga (assuming you are applying as an out of Canada application) If the sponsorship is approved/refused, then the application is sent to the overseas processing office.
4. There is no minimum amount, she has to show that she can support you without resorting to welfare.
5. No.
6. Try local Immigrant settlement organizations.
7. Because In-Canada spouses are already united, so there is no rush.
8. Do you have dependent children that are being sponsored? If so they are included. If they are not dependent, they are included in the IMM 5406.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

skytra7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sponsorship Questions

Thanks that was a a great reply!