sponsorship Query

Old Aug 29th 2005, 10:54 am
misty

forde is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sponsorship Query

Hi,

I have a family friend who is a Canadian Citizen living in Canada and she has offered to Sponsor my Wife and I to immigrate to Canada , based on this I have 2 questions

(1)Would this offer help my application in any way
(2) If this offer was of some help , what proof do I need from the family friend to make this a valid request

Regards, Forde
Old Aug 29th 2005, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sponsorship Query

Sorry, there is no such thing as being "sponsored" unless you are a dependant of a family member already in Canada.

SAW 04

Originally Posted by forde
Hi,

I have a family friend who is a Canadian Citizen living in Canada and she has offered to Sponsor my Wife and I to immigrate to Canada , based on this I have 2 questions

(2) If this offer was of some help , what proof do I need from the family friend to make this a valid request

Regards, Forde
Old Aug 29th 2005, 1:41 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SAW 04
Sorry, there is no such thing as being "sponsored" unless you are a dependant of a family member already in Canada.

SAW 04
Thats not true, there is spousal sponsorship by a Canadian citizen and they can be living anywhere, e.g. My wife is a Canadian citizen, been living in England for 23+ yrs and is sponsoring me as spouse and my son as a dependant.
Back to the original thread, you cannot be sponsored by a family friend, it has to be a close relative.
HTH
Old Aug 29th 2005, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

My comments were made as a direct response to the posters question and situation. I am aware of the spousal sponsorship but as you can see from the original thread that doesn't have anything to do with the posters situation.

SAW 04

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
Thats not true, there is spousal sponsorship by a Canadian citizen and they can be living anywhere, e.g. My wife is a Canadian citizen, been living in England for 23+ yrs and is sponsoring me as spouse and my son as a dependant.
Back to the original thread, you cannot be sponsored by a family friend, it has to be a close relative.
HTH
Old Aug 29th 2005, 4:40 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Regards, Forde
Does your relative own a business on which she is sponsoring you?? If not, then she cannot sponsor your wife under the family class....
You can get points if she is your blood relation, but not otherwise!

But as your post says that she is a "family friend", then it seems unlikely that you will get either....
Old Aug 29th 2005, 9:08 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SAW 04
Hi,

My comments were made as a direct response to the posters question and situation. I am aware of the spousal sponsorship but as you can see from the original thread that doesn't have anything to do with the posters situation.

SAW 04
I see your point but my reply clears things up for those reading this thread and would otherwise be confused.
How are you liking it in NB?
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

matty266 will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Regards, Forde
You Could always get divorced, your wife could marry your friend in canada sponsor her then get divorced again and remarry you so she could sponsor you

Theoritically speaking

But sadly that wouldnt work as youd have to prove relationship between your friend and your wife!
Old Aug 30th 2005, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

No problem Andy,

NB is great, still getting used to the slow pace of life! What about you in NS?

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
I see your point but my reply clears things up for those reading this thread and would otherwise be confused.
How are you liking it in NB?