Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Sponsorship and PR Application IN-Canada

Sponsorship and PR Application IN-Canada

Old Nov 13th 2007, 10:03 am
Just Joined

Alistayr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsorship and PR Application IN-Canada

Hi,

the CIC.GC.CA website currently says it is processing applications received upto 9th Oct 07 for Sponsorship by spouse (in Mississauga), and also says processing Permanent Resident Applications Spouse Class upto April 29th 07 (in Vegreville)

I sent both my PR application and sponsors applications in the first week of July 07 to Vegriville in the same envelope, inlight of the above, should my wife (Canadian) have heard by now if she is eligible to sponsor me, or do you receive nothing ?

Or will none of it not be looked at all till the PR Application Spouse Class date is past July 07 ?

This is for an IN-Canada PR application, we are both working in Calgary - me on a work permit, obtained via my employer. I have not told my employer about my PR application, as they are prone to transferring International people often.

Thanks,
Alistayr
Old Nov 13th 2007, 11:24 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sponsorship and PR Application IN-Canada

You won't get much (if anything) for at least 6-8 months from Vegreville.

Why did you select the inland route in the first place??? It is at least twice as long as sponsorship from abroad. And leaving Canada during the process may cancel it.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsorship and PR Application IN-Canada

My husband never received any notification to say that he had been approved to sponsor me, but it did show up on my ecas status and I got a letter indicating my AIP in July '07 after submitting all the forms in Nov '06.

Still waiting for them to make final decision on PR.