Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Sponsorship of Parents and Brother and Sister

Wikiposts

Sponsorship of Parents and Brother and Sister

Old Nov 25th 2005, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

PK_CA has a brilliant futurePK_CA has a brilliant futurePK_CA has a brilliant futurePK_CA has a brilliant futurePK_CA has a brilliant futurePK_CA has a brilliant future
Default Sponsorship of Parents and Brother and Sister

Hi
I am a single, PR living in canada, my rest of the family is back home.
I want to sponsor my both parents (Mother and Father), I am currently earning 33 K per annum.
What is the criteria of sponsorship, if I want to sponsor my two brotehrs who are 24 years old and 17 years old and are students and dependent on my parents?
regards
Old Nov 25th 2005, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsorship of Parents and Brother and Sister

Originally Posted by PK_CA
Hi
I want to sponsor my both parents (Mother and Father), I am currently earning 33 K per annum.
What is the criteria of sponsorship, if I want to sponsor my two brotehrs who are 24 years old and 17 years old and are students and dependent on my parents?
regards
As far as I know - you cannot sponsor a sibling. Parents can only sponsor children that are 19 or younger, dependent, AND in full time education. As I say, as far as I know - no doubt one of the experts will be along to help soon Good luck!
Old Nov 25th 2005, 4:46 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

What you currently earn is irrelevant. You must have already earned in past 12 months at least $41,642 to meet minimum income requirement to sponsor 4 family members. Future income, although important, doesn't count towards minimum income requirement.

You cannot sponsor your siblings, unless they are dependants of your parents and you sponsor parents and your brothers are included in application as their dependants.

Your 24 years old brother is no longer a dependant, unless he is financially dependent from parents, unmarried and full time student continuously since before turning 22.

Read here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applica.../5196ETOC.html

Originally Posted by PK_CA
Hi
regards
Old Nov 26th 2005, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

PK_CA has a brilliant futurePK_CA has a brilliant futurePK_CA has a brilliant futurePK_CA has a brilliant futurePK_CA has a brilliant futurePK_CA has a brilliant future

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt replies, I appreciate.

regards,