Sponsorship - Missisauga?

Old Jul 16th 2008, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

jennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nice
Default Re: Sponsorship - Missisauga?

Originally Posted by bobcaygeonjon
8 photos of me as well!
nowhere can I find a referance to that.
Hahaha! Nope, apparently it's only 8 of your partner. I sent in photos of me aswell... whooops. Better safe than sorry, I guess!

I just re-read the checklist: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5491E.PDF and didn't see them listed there.

Old Jul 16th 2008, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

jennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nice
Cool Re: Sponsorship - Missisauga?

... so I needed to go and have another look just to see why I would have sent them

I found this on the document checklist (appendix a) for the immigrant:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3901e.pdf
"12 PHOTOS
Supply eight (8) recent photos for each member of your family and yourself. Follow the instructions
in your guide (see Photos in section on completing the Application for Permanent Residence in
Canada) and in Appendix C: Photo Specifications."

I understood that, even though I was the sponsor, I was still a family member.

Anyways... just had to try and understand why I would have done that! LOL
Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

ptomlin01 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think what you have to be aware of is there are separate checklists for each part of the application.

One for the sponsor (you) and one for the person applying for permanent residence (your wife).

You just have to make sure you're following the right one for sponsoring your wife/partner.

When the package arrives at Mississauga they open the sponsors application and process that first. It takes around 30 days from them recieving it to let you know if you are eligable to sponsor.

Then they send the rest of it to London where they do the background checks, decide if your relationship is genuine etc etc.

All being well her permanent resident visa will be not too long after that
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

bobcaygeonjon is just really nicebobcaygeonjon is just really nicebobcaygeonjon is just really nicebobcaygeonjon is just really nicebobcaygeonjon is just really nicebobcaygeonjon is just really nicebobcaygeonjon is just really nicebobcaygeonjon is just really nice

Originally Posted by jennybroon
Hahaha! Nope, apparently it's only 8 of your partner. I sent in photos of me aswell... whooops. Better safe than sorry, I guess!

I just re-read the checklist: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5491E.PDF and didn't see them listed there.

Well at least they know what you look like.
I'm sure that we will get through it all OK but I just find it all to be a little confusing simply because of badly thought out forms.
Somebody (not me) should write a book, "The dummies guide to Canadian immigration".
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

ptomlin01 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am with you on that.. I was thinking the same thing.. as I was totally clueless when I started doing mine.

Making sure you have downloaded the right forms and all the right stuff together literally is a full time job!!

Good luck

Last edited by ptomlin01; Jul 17th 2008 at 1:13 am.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 4:04 am
BE Enthusiast

danfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud of

My wife didn't send an option-c printout, as she had been here since 2004 and not paying tax in Canada. Instead, she sent a photocopy of her last P60 and a letter she had stating her salary on headed paper and included a cover letter explaining it all.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

bobcaygeonjon is just really nicebobcaygeonjon is just really nicebobcaygeonjon is just really nicebobcaygeonjon is just really nicebobcaygeonjon is just really nicebobcaygeonjon is just really nicebobcaygeonjon is just really nicebobcaygeonjon is just really nice

Thank you all so very much so far
Old Jul 18th 2008, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

pinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=bobcaygeonjon;6574879]I'm just going through the forms to sponser the other (better) half.
I am a Canadian living in the UK.
My dumb question is Do I send the forms to Missisauga? Not London?
The reason I ask is that the medicals go to London.
Thanks.

John

hi, i too am a candian citizen living in the uk. Can you give me some advice, we are about to start the sponsership process for my other half. We thought it would be quicker to move to canada- other half can stay there for 6 months while the sponsership process takes place ( which says it takes 42 days). Is this the normal route that most people in this position would do? Or is it better to start from the uk like you and others it seems have, though this takes a lot longer? Its all very confusing!! thanks kristen
Old Jul 18th 2008, 2:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pinkkristen

hi, i too am a candian citizen living in the uk. Can you give me some advice, we are about to start the sponsership process for my other half. We thought it would be quicker to move to canada- other half can stay there for 6 months while the sponsership process takes place ( which says it takes 42 days). Is this the normal route that most people in this position would do? Or is it better to start from the uk like you and others it seems have, though this takes a lot longer? Its all very confusing!! thanks kristen
I think you've got that backwards, sponsorship outside Canada usually takes a fair bit less time than sponsorship inside. Start here - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa...sorship-Canada