Sponsorship - Missisauga?

Old Jul 15th 2008, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

bobcaygeonjon is just really nicebobcaygeonjon is just really nicebobcaygeonjon is just really nicebobcaygeonjon is just really nicebobcaygeonjon is just really nicebobcaygeonjon is just really nicebobcaygeonjon is just really nicebobcaygeonjon is just really nice
Default Sponsorship - Missisauga?

I'm just going through the forms to sponser the other (better) half.
I am a Canadian living in the UK.
My dumb question is Do I send the forms to Missisauga? Not London?
The reason I ask is that the medicals go to London.
Thanks.

John
Old Jul 15th 2008, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

jennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nice
Smile Re: Sponsorship - Missisauga?

Hello there!

Yes, you are correct. All the forms get sent to Mississauga and then once the sponsorship is approved CPC-Mississauga will forward the PR application to London.

Best wishes... the process only took us 4 months total!
Old Jul 15th 2008, 10:20 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsorship - Missisauga?

You should follow the sponsorship guide on the CIC website which clearly states that the applications go to RPC Mississauga.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

bobcaygeonjon is just really nicebobcaygeonjon is just really nicebobcaygeonjon is just really nicebobcaygeonjon is just really nicebobcaygeonjon is just really nicebobcaygeonjon is just really nicebobcaygeonjon is just really nicebobcaygeonjon is just really nice

Hi jenny.
Thanks for your reply. Do you think we could keep this thread open while I ask a lot more questions?
Another question, Just how much evidence of your relationship did you gather together? For example we own a house together and have joint bank accounts but very little photos together because I'm the one taking pics!
Old Jul 15th 2008, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Hi Jim,
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah the cic website does clearly state that the applications go to Mississauga but I had a moment of panic in the doctors office today when she said that they send them to London.

I just want this whole thing to go smoothly. Want to be home for Christmas.
Just making sure all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed.

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
You should follow the sponsorship guide on the CIC website which clearly states that the applications go to RPC Mississauga.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by bobcaygeonjon
Hi Jim,
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah the cic website does clearly state that the applications go to Mississauga but I had a moment of panic in the doctors office today when she said that they send them to London.

I just want this whole thing to go smoothly. Want to be home for Christmas.
Just making sure all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed.
yes is miss 1st and remember you are going t prove that you intend staying or moving to canada with beter half when granted PR. so u will have to proof, something like maybe a job back home or something to show your intent of going back...

good luck
Old Jul 15th 2008, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Thanks bflava,
Got the whole thing about proving I intend to move and stay in Canada sown up,

I think.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Another question.
Do I (the sponsor) have to have a criminal record check?

I dont have one but I find it strange that I wouldn't. Could have been up to all sorts in the past few years.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 11:43 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Another question.
Do I (the sponsor) have to have a criminal record check?

I dont have one but I find it strange that I wouldn't. Could have been up to all sorts in the past few years.
No
Old Jul 16th 2008, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

jennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nice

Hi jenny.
Thanks for your reply. Do you think we could keep this thread open while I ask a lot more questions?
Another question, Just how much evidence of your relationship did you gather together? For example we own a house together and have joint bank accounts but very little photos together because I'm the one taking pics!
Hi BobcaygeonJon!

I'm happy to answer any questions about the process! It can be really confusing at times... and sometimes the paperwork isn't as straightforward as it seems.

We sent a lot of photos with our application, but if you don't have that many I wouldn't worry too much. Just send what you can! We sent email correspondence from when we were separated - lease agreements from the flats we had shared together, joint bills, a copy of our marriage certificate and anything else that had both of our names listed. Proof of owning the house together and joint bank accounts will be useful.

We went through the guides for both sponsorship and PR with fine-toothed combs. We made sure that we had absolutely everything listed.

Have you ordered your option-c printout yet? That's the one thing that I had to wait on because I didn't realise I needed it! If you've been filing taxes in Canada you'll need to call and request one to be sent to you. It only takes about 10 days to get to the UK.
(see this thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513341 )

Any more questions just ask and I'll be happy to help!
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that info.
I have never heard of an option c printout but after reading through the thread and not having lived in or paid taxes in Canada since 1993 I dont think I really need one.

Anymore surprises?

Originally Posted by jennybroon
Hi BobcaygeonJon!

I'm happy to answer any questions about the process! It can be really confusing at times... and sometimes the paperwork isn't as straightforward as it seems.

We sent a lot of photos with our application, but if you don't have that many I wouldn't worry too much. Just send what you can! We sent email correspondence from when we were separated - lease agreements from the flats we had shared together, joint bills, a copy of our marriage certificate and anything else that had both of our names listed. Proof of owning the house together and joint bank accounts will be useful.

We went through the guides for both sponsorship and PR with fine-toothed combs. We made sure that we had absolutely everything listed.

Have you ordered your option-c printout yet? That's the one thing that I had to wait on because I didn't realise I needed it! If you've been filing taxes in Canada you'll need to call and request one to be sent to you. It only takes about 10 days to get to the UK.
(see this thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513341 )

Any more questions just ask and I'll be happy to help!
Old Jul 16th 2008, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Another question.

The 8 photos we need to send, Does that include the 5 that the doctor took from us at the medical or is that another 8 we need to send?

Thanks
Old Jul 16th 2008, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Nope - you need 8 separate photos. Make sure they're within the guideline size. We did ours at Snappy Snaps. 8 of you, 8 of your partner. They all have to be from the same 'batch' so doing them in a photobooth won't work.

I found it really helpful to read through the IMM5289 (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...s/5289ETOC.asp) ... it was very useful for all the little details.

Last edited by jennybroon; Jul 16th 2008 at 9:15 am. Reason: added a weblink
Old Jul 16th 2008, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

8 photos of me as well!
nowhere can I find a referance to that.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

ptomlin01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Just done our spousal so it's still fresh in my mind (mostly!)

You only need photos for the person(s) you're sponsoring. Not yourself if you are the sponsor.

13 altogether, 5 go to the doctor and 8 in with the permanent residence application. Follow the instructions about what to write on the back of the photos too.

Regarding the 'option c printout', I think I am right in saying that you have to enclose something to explain that you have not lived or paid taxes in Canada since '93. My hubby does work in Canada so we did have to get one.

If you know how to use the search option and type in 'option c printout' you will find threads showing what other people did, there are lots, it's a popular question

I was just reading through your other questions.. and wonder if you have the checklist of what you (the sponsor) need to include?

There's quite a few important pieces of information you need and you tick them off to show you have included them.

When you have everything together you should have 4 large separate envelopes. One should be your sponsorship application with supporting documents they ask for on the checklist.

Another should be your wife's permanent residence application forms. Third should be supporting documents for sponsored person, ie. proof of medical, copies of passport, birth cert, marriage cert etc etc. Fourth should be proof of relationship, everything you can possibly think of in paper form. Try to present it neat and tidy to make their job a little easier.. that's what we did anyway

Last edited by ptomlin01; Jul 16th 2008 at 11:35 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.