Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Sponsorship and missing birth certificate

Sponsorship and missing birth certificate

Old Oct 14th 2003, 11:13 am
Posts: n/a
Default Sponsorship and missing birth certificate

A question for the resident experts:

We wish to sponsor my father in law for permanent residence.
Unfortunately my wife does not have her birth certificate.
She was born in the USSR, emigrated from there as a small child some
30 years ago and immigrated to Canada in 2000. Nether she nor her
father have the document.

Is it possible to substitute another document for the birth
Maybe she can obtain something from the consulate of her country of
citizenship that CIC will find acceptable?

Thank you in advance!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.