Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Sponsorship letters - which mailing address

Sponsorship letters - which mailing address

Old Jun 26th 2011, 11:29 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: BC
Posts: 96
ralphster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsorship letters - which mailing address

Hi folks,

For Spousal Sponsorship can anyone tell me what you physically get sent through the post from Miss Processing centre in Canada and London Visa office, assuming we are also providing an email address for correspondance?

Are there only these two mailings?

1) A letter from Miss confirming sponsorship
2) Your passport returned from London Visa Office once you sent it to them.

We're trying to work out what mailing address we should use for documentation as our current one will change in several months.

Thanks
ralphster is offline  
Old Jun 27th 2011, 5:52 am
  #2  
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,708
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsorship letters - which mailing address

Hi

Originally Posted by ralphster
Hi folks,

For Spousal Sponsorship can anyone tell me what you physically get sent through the post from Miss Processing centre in Canada and London Visa office, assuming we are also providing an email address for correspondance?

Are there only these two mailings?

1) A letter from Miss confirming sponsorship
2) Your passport returned from London Visa Office once you sent it to them.

We're trying to work out what mailing address we should use for documentation as our current one will change in several months.

Thanks
You would send it to London, as once Mississauga has passed on the file to the processing office, they no longer have an interest in it.
PMM is offline  
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:39 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: BC
Posts: 96
ralphster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sponsorship letters - which mailing address

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi



You would send it to London, as once Mississauga has passed on the file to the processing office, they no longer have an interest in it.
Sorry PMM - I meant which mailing address whould we put down to receive post from Mississauga.

Do you get just the one letter asking them to send your passport to London. Or does London also contact you for your passport?

Has anyone had any joy contacting either Mississauga or London to change your mailing address midway through the process?
ralphster is offline  
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:03 am
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
 
caleo's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 765
caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsorship letters - which mailing address

Originally Posted by ralphster
Sorry PMM - I meant which mailing address whould we put down to receive post from Mississauga.

Do you get just the one letter asking them to send your passport to London. Or does London also contact you for your passport?

Has anyone had any joy contacting either Mississauga or London to change your mailing address midway through the process?
Mississauga tend to send a letter to confirm sponsorship. London use both email and mail - I received a letter off them requesting RPRF and then received PPR via email. There does not seem to be a standard way they contact you.

You can send a case specific email to CIC London to change your address/email address, however they rarely confirm receipt and you can never be sure that they have changed it as requested.

Safest way is to have an email address and a physical address that you can rely on for the duration of the process.
caleo is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.