Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Sponsorship/Immigration of Pregnant Wife

Wikiposts

Sponsorship/Immigration of Pregnant Wife

Old Aug 11th 2009, 7:56 am
Banned

Johnson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsorship/Immigration of Pregnant Wife

Dear Fellows!
Hi,

I am permanent resident status and Applied for Sponsorship of my wife last month(July 7, 2009). My wife was pregnant of 5-weeks during medical. The doctor used protective shield for x-ray.

Now the problem is that there is no male member at my back-home country. We have attached all documents with application. How can we speed up the process, so that child could be born in Canada(expected delivery on January 01, 2010)? Can MPP (Member of Parliament) speedup the process?
Waiting for reply,

John
Old Aug 11th 2009, 8:05 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsorship/Immigration of Pregnant Wife

Originally Posted by Johnson
Now the problem is that there is no male member at my back-home country
Something got lost in translation there I think?

Firstly, congratulations.

Second, is your wife unable to join you in Canada at present? The fact she is expecting is not important as far as her application is concerned, as it seems you have managed to do the medical stage anyway.

Really this is just a question of ensuring the status of the as yet unborn child. Easiest thing is for it to be born in Canada, and be Canadian, but failing that sorting out sponsorship of the child if born outside is not a huge hassle, and has been covered in numerous previous threads.

An MP (rather then an MPP, which is a provincial rather than federal representative) can sometimes move things along if they have stalled, but its seems that things are moving along anyway?

If she does get here, your next potential headache is ensuring she has provincial medical coverage to pay for the birth. Most provinces require 3 months residency before provincial coverage kicks in...you dont say where you are.

Last edited by iaink; Aug 11th 2009 at 8:09 am.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 12:14 pm
Banned

Johnson is an unknown quantity at this point

I got Canadian immigration in 2007 and got married in February, 2009. She can't come/stay here without sponsor.

If child born outside Canada, Embassy will also take more time to complete his process further. As she is living alone, thats why I want to speed up the process through MP.

Currently, I am living in Toronto. I think, after 3-months medical coverage is in Ontario.

Thanks.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 7:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I got Canadian immigration in 2007 and got married in February, 2009. She can't come/stay here without sponsor.

If child born outside Canada, Embassy will also take more time to complete his process further. As she is living alone, thats why I want to speed up the process through MP.

Currently, I am living in Toronto. I think, after 3-months medical coverage is in Ontario.

Thanks.
Which country are is your wife in now? And which visa office are you applying via?

Can she not just come on a visitor visa and stay until her PR is through? At least then she'd be with you and the baby would be born in Canada, so s/he would be a citizen and you won't have to sponsor him/her later.

Good luck.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:26 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

So they wont grant her a visitors visa until a decision is made regarding the sponsorship application?

Might be worth bugging your MP to see if he can get them to hurry up, under the circumstances. If that doesn't happen and the child is not born in Canada, then you will just have to deal with applying to sponsor the child, along with the associated short delay while that is processed...

If your wife is not here before OHIP can kick in for the birth, then it may be worth it financially to delay her arrival and just deal with sponsoring the child anyway.

Last edited by iaink; Aug 13th 2009 at 3:32 am.