Sponsorship - difficult questions

Old Aug 14th 2011, 8:26 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Halifax Nova Scotia
Posts: 117
janham is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsorship - difficult questions

As I've said in prev posts we are trying to move asap. OH has Canadian citizenship and so has to sponsor me his wife. We are trying to fill in forms as a starting point but are struggling as there aren't any answers to some of the questions asked at the moment as obviously there would be a knock on effect when things start to move. I wonder if we just have to guess some of it but wonder whether it will affect the sponsorship by not having some of the requirements - can anyone advise please.

where you intend to land? - if we knew where we could get jobs this would be easy to answer so obviously we will have to put a provisional location

what proof of intention to re-establish in canada, please attach photocopies of one or more of the following:
ie Job offer
Property Rental agreement
Employment contract
Letter of acceptance of an educational institution
Property deed
or other

All this will be sorted out as we go along and as I've said there will be a knock on effect. Meanwhile we want to move, can support ourselves and wonder by us not having some answers will delay things?

Any advice gladly welcomed thanks

Janette
janham is offline  
Old Aug 14th 2011, 2:03 pm
  #2  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsorship - difficult questions

Does your husband have family in Canada? If so, then put down as landing where they are (i.e. Toronto / Vancouver / Calgary etc). Where-ever you put down, it is not cast in stone, you can "land" anywhere in Canada.

You could also state it is your intention to reside with friends or family whilst you establish yourselves - get someone to write a letter confirming that they will accommodate you during your settlement period.

Failing that, get your husband to apply for jobs, write letters to employment agencies, make inquiries with a real estate agent or letting agent or landlord and keep copies of them and proof of postage (or copies of the emails), and send them with your application. Make inquiries about schools in whatever area you are considering, send copies of the emails.

Open a Canadian bank account (if he doesn't already have one, several banks will allow you to open one "long distance"). Show proof of the account with your application.

You can also show that you have placed your house for sale (or show that it has been sold), that your husband has given notice at his place of employment or tickets for the flights.

Basically all they want is for you to show that it is your intent to reside in Canada once PR has been granted.

"....must satisfy immigration officials that they will reside in Canada once their spouse, common-law or conjugal partner and dependent children become permanent residents in Canada..."

Hope that helps...

Siouxie is offline  
Old Aug 14th 2011, 4:35 pm
  #3  
Beep
 
el_richo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Here
Posts: 8,311
el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsorship - difficult questions

Originally Posted by janham
As I've said in prev posts we are trying to move asap. OH has Canadian citizenship and so has to sponsor me his wife. We are trying to fill in forms as a starting point but are struggling as there aren't any answers to some of the questions asked at the moment as obviously there would be a knock on effect when things start to move. I wonder if we just have to guess some of it but wonder whether it will affect the sponsorship by not having some of the requirements - can anyone advise please.

where you intend to land? - if we knew where we could get jobs this would be easy to answer so obviously we will have to put a provisional location

what proof of intention to re-establish in canada, please attach photocopies of one or more of the following:
ie Job offer
Property Rental agreement
Employment contract
Letter of acceptance of an educational institution
Property deed
or other

All this will be sorted out as we go along and as I've said there will be a knock on effect. Meanwhile we want to move, can support ourselves and wonder by us not having some answers will delay things?

Any advice gladly welcomed thanks

Janette
Doesn't matter where you say you intend to land. Just pick a place most likely but you don't have to land there.

As for the other bits. Just write a cover letter with your application stating that you fully intend to settle, sell and buy property, etc etc once the application is successful.

That's all you need. Nothing major
el_richo is offline  
Old Aug 14th 2011, 5:56 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Halifax Nova Scotia
Posts: 117
janham is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sponsorship - difficult questions

Originally Posted by siouxie
Does your husband have family in Canada? If so, then put down as landing where they are (i.e. Toronto / Vancouver / Calgary etc). Where-ever you put down, it is not cast in stone, you can "land" anywhere in Canada.

You could also state it is your intention to reside with friends or family whilst you establish yourselves - get someone to write a letter confirming that they will accommodate you during your settlement period.

Failing that, get your husband to apply for jobs, write letters to employment agencies, make inquiries with a real estate agent or letting agent or landlord and keep copies of them and proof of postage (or copies of the emails), and send them with your application. Make inquiries about schools in whatever area you are considering, send copies of the emails.

Open a Canadian bank account (if he doesn't already have one, several banks will allow you to open one "long distance"). Show proof of the account with your application.

You can also show that you have placed your house for sale (or show that it has been sold), that your husband has given notice at his place of employment or tickets for the flights.

Basically all they want is for you to show that it is your intent to reside in Canada once PR has been granted.

"....must satisfy immigration officials that they will reside in Canada once their spouse, common-law or conjugal partner and dependent children become permanent residents in Canada..."

Hope that helps...

Hi, Thanks for your advice. Nope my OH's mother now lives in the UK. We are putting the feelers out for jobs so will try and get some paperwork on this. We opened a bank account when we were over in 2004 so that's ok. My OH realsied they'd probably want us to have our house up for sale so we've made a decision to do this now even though we were only going to rent it originally due to the housing market being downturned here. So think we will be ok as you say, we thought it would be a lot easier than this but can fully understand why people need vetting properly

Thanks for the advice and reassurance

Janette & Jeff
janham is offline  
Old Aug 14th 2011, 8:44 pm
  #5  
BE Enthusiast
 
caleo's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 765
caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsorship - difficult questions

Hi

When we made our application, everything was still up in the air. we knew we wanted to relocate, but the timing had to be right as we have 3 children to settle into schools etc. We just wrote a covering letter to state where we were looking at moving to, although this would depend on jobs etc at the time. We also stated that we were preparing our house for putting on the market, but we could not really do anything as we wanted to make sure we had our visas first.

We don't have any real ties with Canada (some of OH's family are there, but not where we are planning to move to, He has bank account over there, but we never mentioned this in our application.

If you have evidence for job applications etc, I am sure it will help, but it is very difficult when your application "could" take 8 months in london plus the time in Mississauga - very difficult to apply for jobs or rentals etc.

Good luck with your application!
caleo is offline  
Old Aug 15th 2011, 12:35 am
  #6  
All Sooked up!
 
james.mc's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Sooke, BC.
Posts: 1,894
james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsorship - difficult questions

Originally Posted by janham
.... OH realsied they'd probably want us to have our house up for sale so we've made a decision to do this now even though we were only going to rent it originally due to the housing market being downturned here.
if you wish to provide evidence...
By all means list your house for sale with estate agents. It costs nothing to do that. Get copies of the listings and use that to support your application, but you don't have to actually sell the house if you can't get what you want for it. You could still rent when you leave. Or have an agent appraise the house for rental and quote you for that. Use the rental information as evidence that you intend to leave.

Last edited by james.mc; Aug 15th 2011 at 12:39 am.
james.mc is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.