Sponsorship: Black Friday!

Old Jun 22nd 2012, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

BritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the rough
Default Sponsorship: Black Friday!

Got the most awful email today from CIC. No information other than a refund for $1265 has been initiated and will be mailed to us in six to eight weeks.

It appears me being able to sponsor my wife and children has been turned down. I have no idea why, the letter does not say anything else about the application other than a refund.

Not sure what to do now. Feel really deflated.

The letter does not even have our complete address so any refund will not be delivered. I think that just about tops it off.

Spent ages putting everything together. Did 250 miles for the medicals, several hundred £s gone down the drain, all the stress. I was confident our case was watertight.

Ecas just says "received", the same as it has for weeks.

A brief: I am/was sponsoring my wife and children, we all reside in the UK.

This is going to be one miserable evening. Not even sure what if any options we have remaining. All this waiting for the decision, putting our lives on hold. Boooooooo!!
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Sponsorship: Black Friday!

Thats awful! I really hope they at least get back to you and explain what happened!
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 6:02 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritBob
Got the most awful email today from CIC. No information other than a refund for $1265 has been initiated and will be mailed to us in six to eight weeks.

It appears me being able to sponsor my wife and children has been turned down. I have no idea why, the letter does not say anything else about the application other than a refund.

Not sure what to do now. Feel really deflated.

The letter does not even have our complete address so any refund will not be delivered. I think that just about tops it off.

Spent ages putting everything together. Did 250 miles for the medicals, several hundred £s gone down the drain, all the stress. I was confident our case was watertight.

Ecas just says "received", the same as it has for weeks.

A brief: I am/was sponsoring my wife and children, we all reside in the UK.

This is going to be one miserable evening. Not even sure what if any options we have remaining. All this waiting for the decision, putting our lives on hold. Boooooooo!!
Are you Canadian citizen?
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 8:02 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

This is hard to imagine unless you are not a Canadian citizen. Are you? If so where did you send the applications?
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 8:06 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
This is hard to imagine unless you are not a Canadian citizen. Are you? If so where did you send the applications?
BritBobs extended signature says
'Permanent Resident > Canadian Citizen, currently living in Cornwall, UK'
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps a simple error is the problem. Missing signiatures or sending the forms to the wrong place perhaps
Old Jun 24th 2012, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of light

don't panic yet, I made booboo when I sent in my husbands landing fee, they sent it back! I just paid proper amount and everything was fine.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 10:55 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Aha - you seem to have overpaid. Thus the refund - they should have pointed that out though.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

BritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the rough

Aha - you seem to have overpaid. Thus the refund - they should have pointed that out though.
Me?

I really cannot remember off-hand what we paid, I will have to ask Mrs BritBob when she gets home.

There was the $75 for myself, then the fees for my wife and our two children who is 4yrs and 8months respectively.

I checked ecas for the first time today, it shows decision made under the sponsor and that a letter has been sent out. My wifes permanent residence application is still there showing "received" and medicals received.

Ps. It has been rejected, because I calculated all the fees including the landing fee. Everything but the $75 is being sent back. I can only wait in the hope the letter that was sent on 22nd will give us a clue! We sent $1265 + $75 by credit card.

Last edited by BritBob; Jun 25th 2012 at 2:32 pm.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 3:16 pm

If you are a Canadian citizen then you have definitely overpaid because f that is true your children are also Canadian citizens and only your spouse should be sponsored for immigration to Canada. If you are a PR only then you have to be living and settled in Canada to sponsor your family.