Sponsorship backlogs?

Old Mar 21st 2006, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

Lodko is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Sponsorship backlogs?

Hello everybody,
My husband applied for a sponsorship of our 8 month old son on January 3. On February 2 he received a file number. When I tried to check his status, the system says that the application is in process and they started it on January 29. We checked the processing time on the web http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...ml#sponsorship , and it looks like they already should have finished with our application:
Processing applications Received Up To : February 15, 2006
Current Processing Time: 44 days
What should I do?
Old Mar 21st 2006, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sponsorship backlogs?

Originally Posted by Lodko
Hello everybody,
My husband applied for a sponsorship of our 8 month old son on January 3. On February 2 he received a file number. When I tried to check his status, the system says that the application is in process and they started it on January 29. We checked the processing time on the web http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...ml#sponsorship , and it looks like they already should have finished with our application:
What should I do?
Not a lot you can do but wait unfortunately. Ours started processing on November 24th, but wasn't "decision made" until the end of January, and the processing time quoted at the time was 38 days. The current processing time is far from accurate. We're currently enduring the frustration of waiting in London, the quoted time there is "within 6 months"...not very accurate again!
Old Mar 21st 2006, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

Lodko is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much for your reply! I don't know why they publish these timelines if they are not accurate?!

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
Not a lot you can do but wait unfortunately. Ours started processing on November 24th, but wasn't "decision made" until the end of January, and the processing time quoted at the time was 38 days. The current processing time is far from accurate. We're currently enduring the frustration of waiting in London, the quoted time there is "within 6 months"...not very accurate again!
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

vietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the rough

Don't count on the timelines given online. Much of the time it is done within that timeline , but sometimes it can take much longer. I took us 128 days to get notice back that I was approved to sponsor. I had my father call them after about 90 day (we are abroad and can't call from Vietnam), they told my father that when the sponsor is out of Canada, it can take much longer to process. So don't panic yet; however, you can try calling them if you're in Canada.

Originally Posted by Lodko
Hello everybody,
What should I do?
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 4:31 am
TFI
Forum Regular

TFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really nice

"When the sponsor is out of Canada, it can take much longer to process."
Just wondering if this is because a sponsor "outside Canada" must prove they intend to return? I think for outside of Canada sponsors the more info you provide that you will be returning the faster you get processed.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

vietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the rough

Yes, I believe that is the reason it takes longer; however, that's just my thoughts. They didn't actually tell my father what the reason was. But, yeah I had to send documentation that showed I was intending to return to Canada, and I'm sure that it must take a little longer to check all these documents.

Originally Posted by TFI
"When the sponsor is out of Canada, it can take much longer to process."
Just wondering if this is because a sponsor "outside Canada" must prove they intend to return? I think for outside of Canada sponsors the more info you provide that you will be returning the faster you get processed.