Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Sponsorship approved, but no letter received

Sponsorship approved, but no letter received

Old Jan 29th 2009, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

abaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sponsorship approved, but no letter received

Hello all,

We sent our spousal sponsorship/PR application on December 1st 2008. The forms were received at Mississauga on December 8th 2008. We've heard nothing since.

It's a slow day at work so I decided to check the Online status checker on the CIC site for the first time. I used the receipt number from the online payment we made. I was amazed to see our details!!! The info I got was:
  1. Application received: Dec 8th 2008
  2. Application began to be processed: Dec 24th 2008
  3. Decision Letter sent: Dec 24th 2008 (same day!!)
  4. Started processing PR application: Jan 14th 2009

We have not received the decision letter. It's been more than a month since they sent it. They sent it on Christmas eve, but I would have expected to receive it by now.

My question is, who should I contact about this? Mississauga? or London?

Any advice most welcome.

I was starting to get a little twitchy about the application, so it was a relief to see the update online. Anybody in a similar position, please use the CIC status checker, made me feel a lot better.

Thanks,
abaddon
Old Jan 29th 2009, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

Mrs.BWL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sponsorship approved, but no letter received

I would contact CIC-M as they are the ones who mailed it. That and they actually answer the phone. London is nigh on impossible to contact.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

abaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs.BWL
I would contact CIC-M as they are the ones who mailed it. That and they actually answer the phone. London is nigh on impossible to contact.
Thanks. Will give them a call this evening.

abaddon.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

Good luck! Thursdays are supposed to be slower days for them so hopefully you'll get through easily enough.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all

Hi All,

Sorry to cut in but what is the number for Mississauga? thanks for the advise about the online checker.

Thanks,

MR79
Old Jan 29th 2009, 6:13 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by MR79
Hi All,

Sorry to cut in but what is the number for Mississauga? thanks for the advise about the online checker.

Thanks,

MR79
1. Mississauga is not list, you have to call the Call Centre 1-888-242-2100
2, I wouldn't worry, since CHC has started to process the application overseas, although the letter would be nice.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

What PMM said (I should have clarified that you call the CIC call centre and not CIC-M directly...they're both just lumped in the "in Canada" section of my mind).
Old Jan 29th 2009, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

We are both in the UK, so out of Canada numbers not an option for us. I have tracked down two Canadian numbers and will try them tonight. If no joy, I will ring London tomorrow. The main reason I want the letter is for the Client ID/Reference number assigned to our application and to be sure they are using our address correctly.

For reference, the numbers I found were:
1 905 803 7904 (Mississauga)
1 613 944 4000 (call centre)

Thanks,
abaddon.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

I'm not sure how to call the CIC call centre in Canada from the UK in terms of dialling codes etc, but it's worth a shot. London can be very difficult to call as you don't usually get a person and if you do they're seldom helpful (from my personal experience anyway).

Just out of interest. Does your e-cas show your mailing address? Ours does, so that might help answer one of your questions.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

I'm not sure how to call the CIC call centre in Canada from the UK in terms of dialling codes etc, but it's worth a shot. London can be very difficult to call as you don't usually get a person and if you do they're seldom helpful (from my personal experience anyway).

Just out of interest. Does your e-cas show your mailing address? Ours does, so that might help answer one of your questions.
Eventually got through to the call centre number I posted earlier. They gave us our client id and confirmed address - you are right, the address is also visible on the online checker. They also said that if the letter has not made it to us by the middle of feb (!!), we should contact them to send it again.

abaddon
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

That's great Glad you got what you were looking for. So much easier than dealing with the black hole that is CHC London too.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:39 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Meanwhile, the original poster knows that the PR application began processing earlier this month so there should be no panic.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Ja, as long as you know that it's fine. The letter is probably sitting next to some Christmas presents and cards I sent that still haven't arrived at their destinations

Last edited by Mrs.BWL; Jan 29th 2009 at 8:49 am.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

pip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nice

you should just need to add 00 infront of the numbers on this thread, no need to drop any of the numbers.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Meanwhile, the original poster knows that the PR application began processing earlier this month so there should be no panic.
Yes, I know there was no reason to panic. I didn't think I was though. I just wanted to be sure they had the address right - being pro-active I think.

The problem I have is that my street address is very similar to another street. We have problems with incorrectly addressed mail going to the other street. New owners of the other house have habit of ignoring/throwing away mail that is not theirs! Better to sort this out now, than have passport requests go AWOL.

abaddon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.