Sponsorship Application

Old Nov 23rd 2014, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

sharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to behold
Default Sponsorship Application

Hi guys!

I haven't posted in a while because I've been busy setting dates and sorting out my Canadian wedding since she said yes a while back

Just a quick note however, I've seen a post that showed the sponsor ship eligibility application was sent in before the marriage, is this the best way? It might seem like a daft question I just wanted to check My fiancee is a retail store manager with plenty of years of management experience, steady income and completely clean history

We get married in Feb 2015 and I wondered if the eligibility timescale is long/short? Can't see it being an issue, over thinking an' all that!

So excited to get this process started though!!

Any help with anything would be ace.

Thanks in advance everyone!

x
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 5:42 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsorship Application

Hi

Originally Posted by sharkxpunch
Hi guys!

I haven't posted in a while because I've been busy setting dates and sorting out my Canadian wedding since she said yes a while back

Just a quick note however, I've seen a post that showed the sponsor ship eligibility application was sent in before the marriage, is this the best way? It might seem like a daft question I just wanted to check My fiancee is a retail store manager with plenty of years of management experience, steady income and completely clean history

We get married in Feb 2015 and I wondered if the eligibility timescale is long/short? Can't see it being an issue, over thinking an' all that!

So excited to get this process started though!!

Any help with anything would be ace.

Thanks in advance everyone!

x

1. Go back re-read the instructions.
2. Unless you already common/law, you can't submit the sponsorship and application (it goes in one package) until you are married.
3. The processing time for sponsor eligibility is 48 days, and the posted processing time for London for 80% of spousal applications is 11 months. If there are no problems in the application probably would be shorter.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

sharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. Go back re-read the instructions.
2. Unless you already common/law, you can't submit the sponsorship and application (it goes in one package) until you are married.
3. The processing time for sponsor eligibility is 48 days, and the posted processing time for London for 80% of spousal applications is 11 months. If there are no problems in the application probably would be shorter.
That was my original understanding hence why I made a post to make sure I understood 200% but thanks for your response. Your first point could be construed as slightly abrupt however.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 8:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You will see lots of posts from those applying before they're married (or applying with no intention whatsoever of ever getting married), but that's because they're applying as common-law spouses i.e. have lived together for a year or more.

As for PMM's post, if you look at his other posts you'll see that they're all succinct and to the point, so really don't take it personally or think it's 'abrupt'. He is hugely experienced and one of our most helpful members, so don't worry if his posts don't come with flowery language.

HTH, good luck with the wedding.
Old Dec 8th 2014, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

Thanks guys - apologies i was probably just being swamped by a lot of information previously

Another question, and I really do get confused on this one - the checklist for documents etc for spousal sponsorship states that only my dependent children over 18 (I don't have any children at all) need to have medicals too. I have standard mother, father and brother, they are not travelling to canada to live with me - do they need to have medicals?

Any help would be ace.

And thanks! Thanks for the wishes - it's all been slotting into place recently. All the forms are ready on my mac, all the evidence is gathered, minus some printing of photos, proof of communication etc just gonna spend the next 16-18 months saving up and going through the right channels - excited!
Old Dec 8th 2014, 6:03 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

No medicals required for other family members, only kiddies.
Old Dec 8th 2014, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

This was my suspicion, thanks so much for clearing that up