sponsorship application

Old Aug 23rd 2004, 3:50 am
Just Joined

saba is an unknown quantity at this point
Question sponsorship application

Any help and guidance appreciated.

I am currently in the process of being sponsored by my husband.

I applied in March and received my AOR from CHC London on Apr 19th.

I have not heard from them since. I did send them a fax about 3 weeks ago asking for some info and didn't get a reply.

I have seen other sponsorship applicants post their passport request who have timelines similar to mine. Is there anyway i can find out about my application from CHC? I am concerned it may have got lost in the post!
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 4:01 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sponsorship application

Try Eclient on the CIC website www.cic.gc.ca. It should have some information on your application. Failing that you can use the CICs 1-800 number and get to a live person for some information.

Originally Posted by saba
Any help and guidance appreciated.

I am currently in the process of being sponsored by my husband.

I applied in March and received my AOR from CHC London on Apr 19th.

I have not heard from them since. I did send them a fax about 3 weeks ago asking for some info and didn't get a reply.

I have seen other sponsorship applicants post their passport request who have timelines similar to mine. Is there anyway i can find out about my application from CHC? I am concerned it may have got lost in the post!
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 4:30 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jim

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Try Eclient on the CIC website www.cic.gc.ca. It should have some information on your application. Failing that you can use the CICs 1-800 number and get to a live person for some information.
1-800 number does not work from the UK. By the way the application has only been in london for 4 months. Spousal applications take between 5 and 11 months, (according to previous applications processed) at London.

PMM
Old Sep 8th 2004, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

MissingCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't worry, we got our AOR on the 14th of April, so if we hear anything, we'll post it and you'll get an idea. Also, aim for 6 months from the time they received it before asking them questions, because it slows down everyone's process when you ask questions before your time. Think about it, there are 100 000 applications awaiting processing and everyone calls and takes 5 minutes, thats 500 000 minutes they cannot spend processing our applications.

Ours is being processed in London too
Old Sep 9th 2004, 12:34 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

The process for spouses is front loaded for the applicant, as they will have completed virtually everything they are likely to be asked to do before they submit their application. Thus, once the visa offices get to work, there is nothing for the applicant to do, and they experience 6 months or longer of silence. Naturally this silent period leads to worry. What is happening?" and "When do I get my visa?" questions arise, when in fact all is well. If there were a problem of missing documents or information they would already have been contacted!
Now the new statistics indicate that some are getting their visas in only 3 months amdthis only makes the wait and worry worse. Only 30% get their visas that quickly. The best policy for mental health as the process unfolds is patience. Its also good for your blood pressure.

Originally Posted by MissingCanada
Don't worry, we got our AOR on the 14th of April, so if we hear anything, we'll post it and you'll get an idea. Also, aim for 6 months from the time they received it before asking them questions, because it slows down everyone's process when you ask questions before your time. Think about it, there are 100 000 applications awaiting processing and everyone calls and takes 5 minutes, thats 500 000 minutes they cannot spend processing our applications.

Ours is being processed in London too
Old Sep 9th 2004, 12:56 am
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

Wise words, of course, but I doubt that there are many people who can sit back and relax, however long their applications have been with the High Commission. I don’t think I’ll relax until I have the visa in my passport, and mine is also as the spouse of a Canadian citizen and should be perfectly straightforward – I don’t have any awful lurgy or a criminal record, I have always lived in England as a British citizen, and have never belonged to any dodgy groups. I’m about a month behind MissingCanada.
Old Sep 9th 2004, 4:13 am
Yabba dabba doo

Yabbz is an unknown quantity at this point

We got our Passport request in August, our AOR was mid April. I know another 2 spousal applicants that have received their passport request and they too had an AOR date in April.

It won't be long now... things must have slowed up.

By the way I recommend you pay your fees up front as this can delay your application by approx 4 weeks.