Sponsorship

Old Oct 1st 2019, 7:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsorship

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I'm confused - you said in your opening post that he was given your phone number on July 7 of 2017 "got my number from my brother in law and we started talking July 7 of 2017"

Then you say you met him for the first time in March 2018. " So in March 2018 my other sister in law went down before me and I finally got to go down and meet him for the first time" and this was when you got married too? "We did a wedding"

From what you have said you have talked to him via messages / emails / video calls for 2 years, have been married for 1 (7 months after you met) and have spent a total of 14 days physically together? When did you put in the application for sponsorship for PR?

Those would all be red flags to an Immigration Officer, unfortunately. Have you lived together at all and is there a reason why you are not residing together now and haven't spent any more time together? Has he applied for a visa to visit you in Canada - or have you considered moving to Lebanon? Does he support you financially?
Ditto to all of the above. That's why I've asked for more details. No point in spending a small fortune and wasting time on an appeal if it's got no chance of succeeding anyway.

Hopefully the OP will clarify all of the above and then we can try and help her.
Old Oct 1st 2019, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

This is what will happen. If you file an appeal to the Visa Office that refused your application the file will then be sent to the Hearings & Appeals office of CBSA in Canada that covers the area you live in. An officer will look over the file and prepare an Appeal Record that will be sent to your lawyer/yourself and the Immigration Appeal Division at the Immigration & Refugee Board of Canada. Dependent on the circumstances it may be eligible for Early Dispute Resolution or it will go for a full hearing which could take up to 2 years to be heard. As you have filed the appeal it will be your case to make before the Immigration Judge as to why the appeal should not be dismissed.

My guess is that it was refused as the VO doesn't believe its a genuine marriage as per Regulation 4 of IRPA

Bad faith
  • 4 (1) For the purposes of these Regulations, a foreign national shall not be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership
    • (a) was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or
    • (b) is not genuine.
My suggestion is to hire a lawyer who is familiar with Immigration Law or specializes in it. You won't get any answers on here just suggestions on what to do.
Old Oct 1st 2019, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

Vivrafih is an unknown quantity at this point

We spent a month in total cause I went down in January 2019 also I am planing to go again, well if you guys think it’s false too then I don’t know what to do I don’t want to redo another one because it’s expensive and yeah If we are not residing together then I will be moving to Lebanon, and he can’t support me because he has a family that he has to support down there they don’t make that much money, also yeah I have proof anyways I will wait for the appeal and see what happens from there o have all the prof in the world, no one is gonna believe me until I go down there and get pregnant and come back
Old Oct 1st 2019, 1:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vivrafih
We spent a month in total cause I went down in January 2019 also I am planing to go again, well if you guys think it’s false too then I don’t know what to do I don’t want to redo another one because it’s expensive and yeah If we are not residing together then I will be moving to Lebanon, and he can’t support me because he has a family that he has to support down there they don’t make that much money, also yeah I have proof anyways I will wait for the appeal and see what happens from there o have all the prof in the world, no one is gonna believe me until I go down there and get pregnant and come back
Being pregnant won't make any difference. So you've spent a month together in total, which isn't much and is certainly unusual, but also isn't a reason to refuse an application alone (arranged marriages are approved after all). You still haven't answered what evidence of your relationship you provided though?
Old Oct 1st 2019, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

What do you mean evidence? I sent all my chats my pictures and I also have witnesses
Old Oct 1st 2019, 2:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

What do you mean evidence? I sent all my chats my pictures and I also have witnesses
That's exactly what I mean. OK, so you've sent chats going back to when you met? A selection of them? What pictures? Any evidence of anything else i.e. proof that you've been to visit him? Anything else related to your wedding i.e. congratulations cards from friends/family?
Old Oct 1st 2019, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

We don’t have congratulating cards i even sent pictures of when I was in bed with him if you wanna know further details
Old Oct 1st 2019, 2:24 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

We don’t have congratulating cards i even sent pictures of when I was in bed with him if you wanna know further details
Old Oct 1st 2019, 3:31 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

No noone wants to see that
what we really need is for you to look through the posts where people are asking you questions and answer them.

start by setting out a nice timeline for us like

Sep 1 2016 - was introduced
Sep 30 2016 - started dating
Sep 2017 - Got Married.

and so on,

Details of who was living where as well would be useful.

At the moment your posts are not very coherent and it is making it hard for us to help you

Noone is accusing you of anything. We want to help, you are not making it easy
Old Oct 1st 2019, 4:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

As Zoe has said, that doesn't help. For some reason you seem to be taking issue with the questions you're being asked, and not answering them, I've no idea why.

You're going to need a lawyer anyway if you wish to appeal the decision, so I suggest you just consult a good lawyer with experience of spousal appeals. If you make sure you take everything you submitted in your package and a full timeline of your relationship they should be able to advise if they think stand a chance of winning an appeal, or if CIC refused you fairly.

Best of luck.
Old Oct 7th 2019, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

adrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond repute

They (canada office) is trying to find out if it is a real marriage or a marriage of convenience, i.e. they may think and this happens, then people "buy" a bride/passport to get into Canada, so YES there are LONG distance relationships, but you must answer fully any questions with supporting evidence that is put to you, OTHERWISE they will reject. I had a "similar" situation, (here's my timeline as an example)

200x - 200x - introduced through friends - email/phone conversations approx 1 year

200x - nov december fiance visited me in UK
200x - proposed - small family engagement party

200x - traveled to Can for wedding (full blown affair cost approx $10k)
200x - traveled home

200x - decided to who would immigrate where
200x - april, I decided to immigrate
200x - submitted papers - got confirmation

200x - landed on PR visa
200x - went back to sell house

landed 2010 - july daughter born in october

All told we had 1 year of "no direct contact" but 3 or 4 monthly visits, we had a big wedding, and we both had good jobs and houses , plus I was coming form the UK
we got approved in about 6 months, we had proof of everything, but they still asked us, probing questions which where fine.

if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to worry about

p.s not your usual run of the mill relationship,,, but hey, still married (just) and still here
p.p.s they asked us so many questions, how much was the wedding, was there a h/moon, church or registry, we supplied wedding pics as well,
wed/cert - all that kind of personal stuff

Last edited by adrianj; Oct 7th 2019 at 6:14 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2019, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

It is real tho I didn’t get paid anything to get married to my husband and planning to go down for 3 months pretty shortly here and I want to plan to have kids in the time I’ve been down there I have nothing to hide also I have been back and forth with the paperwork and also I appealed to see how long it’s gonna take and I have all my documents that I can show
Old Oct 8th 2019, 2:55 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

This may help you to see what they are looking for when they assess a relationship for genuineness
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ationship.html

Old Oct 8th 2019, 5:15 am
Just Joined

I have all the documents they asked for and they still think it’s not genuine
Old Oct 8th 2019, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

I have all the documents they asked for and they still think it’s not genuine
Read the full page, in detail, to understand their concerns.

As that page explains, simply possessing documentation is not enough. The documentation itself should stand up to scrutiny (eg wedding photos should show the sort of celebration common in the relevant culture), and it should evidence a genuine relationship rather than one entered into for the benefit of one of the parties.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.