Sponsorship...

Old Aug 17th 2008, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

The Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura about
Default Sponsorship...

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how likely it is that I would receive a visa if someone is willing to sponsor me in a field within which I have no qualifications etc?

To explain, when I was last in Canada I worked for a while with a landscape firm (my degrees are in business management & marketing/communications) I contacted him and he appears willing ot sponsor me however it will be to work as a labourer/landscaper etc.

Anyone have any ideas??! Thanks again!
Old Aug 17th 2008, 3:36 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsorship...

Your chances are nil.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 3:54 am
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Lost Paddy
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how likely it is that I would receive a visa if someone is willing to sponsor me in a field within which I have no qualifications etc?

To explain, when I was last in Canada I worked for a while with a landscape firm (my degrees are in business management & marketing/communications) I contacted him and he appears willing ot sponsor me however it will be to work as a labourer/landscaper etc.

Anyone have any ideas??! Thanks again!
Explore the possibility of being hired as management or marketing. When you worked last, did you have a work permit? Do you have any other work experience?

Which province do you hope to go to?
Old Aug 17th 2008, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

The Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Surrey Expat
Explore the possibility of being hired as management or marketing. When you worked last, did you have a work permit? Do you have any other work experience?

Which province do you hope to go to?
I hope to move to Ontario, Toronto.

Yes I had a work last time, had a one year visa through usit (like bunac) U35 work visa that allowed us to work anywhere in Canada etc.

My qualifications and experience is in Marketing/Sales/Events Management, Ive 2 x degrees and circa 5 years work experience, I've done the points test and would qualify as a skilled worker however as some of the guys on here have informed me, that option is not viable at the moment, what with the backlog etc.

The reason I asked this question is that while in Toronto last, on the one year visa I has, I worked for a landscaper and I asked him recently would he consider sponsorship (my thinking was go over on the temp visa, apply for perm residency while there and hopefully have that in a year or so & then go and apply for work in my preferred field) he was responsive to this, said he would consider it definitely, if it was a possibility that it would work, him sponsoring me that is...
Old Aug 17th 2008, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Your chances are nil.
Definitely?! Oh well, back to the drawing board!
Old Aug 17th 2008, 4:24 am
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute

I hope to move to Ontario, Toronto.

Yes I had a work last time, had a one year visa through usit (like bunac) U35 work visa that allowed us to work anywhere in Canada etc.

My qualifications and experience is in Marketing/Sales/Events Management, Ive 2 x degrees and circa 5 years work experience, I've done the points test and would qualify as a skilled worker however as some of the guys on here have informed me, that option is not viable at the moment, what with the backlog etc.

The reason I asked this question is that while in Toronto last, on the one year visa I has, I worked for a landscaper and I asked him recently would he consider sponsorship (my thinking was go over on the temp visa, apply for perm residency while there and hopefully have that in a year or so & then go and apply for work in my preferred field) he was responsive to this, said he would consider it definitely, if it was a possibility that it would work, him sponsoring me that is...
Suggest the landscaper contacts Landscape Ontario if he is a member.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

Suggest the landscaper contacts Landscape Ontario if he is a member.
To see if he can sponsor me, if it's possible? Cheers for the help!
Old Aug 17th 2008, 5:56 am
Banned

To see if he can sponsor me, if it's possible? Cheers for the help!
Chances are slim, but you never know. The management experience and a job commensurate with that may be more helpful, as a laborer, unlikely unless you are from Mexico or some Caribbean countries under the SAWP program.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

Chances are slim, but you never know. The management experience and a job commensurate with that may be more helpful, as a laborer, unlikely unless you are from Mexico or some Caribbean countries under the SAWP program.
Ok mate, many thanks for the advice, seems like my best bet is to try for something in my field and hope for the best that someone will sponsor me via that route! Cheers again.

Oh, by the way, bar surfing the net, checking recruitment agencies etc is there any other means by which to check out firms that are responsive to sponsoring overseas workers? Ta very much.