sponsoring spouse within canada

Old Jan 19th 2002, 10:56 am
Wonderinguy

Hello everybody ! In about 6 months, I am going to India for marriage. I am told I
can bring my spouse on a visitors visa (under some new law) and sponsor within canada
. Is this true ? Has anybody done that before ? If yes, can you give me information
about it. If I can bring her on a visitors visa, is it the regular visitors visa or
is there spousal visitor visa or something like that. Please reply.

Thanks in advance.

Old Jan 20th 2002, 3:10 am
Jim Humphries

The new law is not yet in force and I would not think that your wife will be able to
accompany you. I suggest you begin the sponsorship process now noting that you intend
to marry soon. Jim Humphries, former visa officer

Wonderinguy wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 20th 2002, 11:52 am
Wonderinguy

Thanks Mr. Jim ! How can i start the sponsership process before I marry her ? Are you
suggesting to fill out the application or actually file papers with the immigration
now itself ?

Thanks a bunch.

Jim Humphries <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Hello everybody ! In about 6 months, I am going to India for marriage. I am told[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I can bring my spouse on a visitors visa (under some new law) and sponsor within[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > canada . Is this true ? Has anybody done that before ? If yes, can you give me[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > information about it. If I can bring her on a visitors visa, is it the regular[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > visitors visa or is there spousal visitor visa or something like that. Please[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > reply.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thanks in advance.[/usenetquote2]

Old Jan 20th 2002, 8:48 pm
Rajeev

I dont know about the new law, but if you get married in India, she has to come here
separately and u marry her inside canada and sponsor her, showing that u met her
here, love etc , then marriage. She has to obtain visitor visa to come here and that
,if refused, could pose a problem if u later try and sponsor her from canada. I see
people waiting for 8-10 months, and the wives get here eventually (nice and simple
way). Ur choice.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >