Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Sponsoring my child born out of Canada - Advice please!!!

Sponsoring my child born out of Canada - Advice please!!!

Old Oct 25th 2012, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

ramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really nice
Default Sponsoring my child born out of Canada - Advice please!!!

Hi

My daughter who is a Canadian PR and awaiting citizenship, had a baby in June. Baby was born in US. Daughter and baby are back in Canada and wish to apply to sponsor baby for Canadian PR.

Application will be within Canada. I am so confused with the forms.

I have looked at website and forms are very much geared to sponsorship of spouse. Can someone please list me the exact required forms that my daughter needs to complete to sponsor her daughter.

Thanks
Old Oct 25th 2012, 6:42 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsoring my child born out of Canada - Advice please!!!

Hi

Originally Posted by ramac
Hi

My daughter who is a Canadian PR and awaiting citizenship, had a baby in June. Baby was born in US. Daughter and baby are back in Canada and wish to apply to sponsor baby for Canadian PR.

Application will be within Canada. I am so confused with the forms.

I have looked at website and forms are very much geared to sponsorship of spouse. Can someone please list me the exact required forms that my daughter needs to complete to sponsor her daughter.

Thanks
1. There is no "in-Canada" processing for children, only H.& C. which is a road she doesn't want to go down (takes for ever)
2. She submits an out of Canada sponsorship/application and as the child is a US citizen, she sends the sponsorship & application with attachments and medical to Mississauga and can choose CPP-Ottawa as the processing centre. The visa will be issued by an office in the US or if there is an interview required, it will be in the US.
3. I am assuming she has custody of the child and the ability to remove it from the US. CIC is going to want to see this.
4. She uses this package: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cations/fc.asp
Old Oct 25th 2012, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

ramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really nice

My daughter and granddaughter are already in Canada.

The baby has a visitor record for 1 year, issued at the border.

Does this change things?
Old Oct 25th 2012, 7:17 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Does this change things?
It doesn't change any of the answers PMM has given you, if that's what you're asking?
Old Oct 25th 2012, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Please forgive my confusion.

I am confused as for Guide 3900 - Sponsorship of a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child living outside Canada.

If child is living in Canada, is this still the correct package?

Thanks again.
Old Oct 25th 2012, 7:33 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Please forgive my confusion.

I am confused as for Guide 3900 - Sponsorship of a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child living outside Canada.

If child is living in Canada, is this still the correct package?

Thanks again.
Yes.
Old Oct 25th 2012, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Thank you very much.

I was getting confused with another package. I have had a very quick look and already the questions seem more relevant.