Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

SPONSORING DEPENDENT WHO DID NOT HAVE MEDICAL

SPONSORING DEPENDENT WHO DID NOT HAVE MEDICAL

Old Mar 28th 2008, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

MR MOM will become famous soon enoughMR MOM will become famous soon enough
Default SPONSORING DEPENDENT WHO DID NOT HAVE MEDICAL

I am a permenent resident and have been since 2005.
I have a 19 year old son living in the UK.
At that time it was not appropriate for various reasons to have him undergo a medical and I had to sign an affadavit stating I could never sponsor him.
He may become homeless in the UK and I am wondering if under such circumstances I may be able to plea to the better nature of CIC to sponsor him.
He has no medical complaint it was purely for family issues the medical wasn't done.

Any thoughts or loopholes?

Thanks
Old Mar 28th 2008, 5:46 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SPONSORING DEPENDENT WHO DID NOT HAVE MEDICAL

You signed and that will be it - sorry. You should consult a lawyer skilled in immigration advocacy to see what might work in your case.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Jim,

I kind of knew the answer but was looking for any possible solutions.I guess you'd know given your occupation.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

Might your son be eligible for BUNAC this would allow him to work for a year with no need for you to sponsor or support in any way. He could then hopefully find a job and come as a skilled worker on his own merits.

Hope you can get something sorted

Tom
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Tom
Yes, he is looking that route too and i have also posted a couple of questions on another thread regarding that very subject
Thanks
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

Aha sorry didn't get to that thread before posting. There is also the study permit route if your son is thinking about Uni but the fees could be steep for a foreign student.

Cheers
Tom