Sponsoring

Old Aug 3rd 2009, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

tonyorei is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsoring

hi, can anyone give me some advice on sponsorship? I have an aunt in Alberta who is prepared to sponsor me, but I'm a bit unsure as to what I need to do and which forms to get. Also, should I get a consultant to do paperwork for me? Is it worth it ? Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 9:25 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsoring

Sorry - your aunt cannot sponsor you. You should look into the Alberta Provincial Nomination Program to see if you fit their requirements. I am assuming you are not in one of the 28 approved occupations on the CIC's list.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tonyorei
hi, can anyone give me some advice on sponsorship? I have an aunt in Alberta who is prepared to sponsor me, but I'm a bit unsure as to what I need to do and which forms to get. Also, should I get a consultant to do paperwork for me? Is it worth it ? Thanks in advance.
In Alberta, aunts can sponsor. From the Alberta, immigration FAQ website (http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...eamfaqs.html):

“Can I sponsor my cousin as a family member?

No. Eligible family members under the AINP Family stream include a Parent, Child, Brother, Sister, Aunt, Uncle, Niece or Nephew.”

Tony, you may want to start reading:
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...ate/index.html

And for family stream:
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...ilystream.html

Ray
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 11:29 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Good news and why PNP is the way to go for many people nowadays.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

thanks guys plenty food for thought. great help
Old Aug 7th 2009, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

ray, does this mean i would have to live in Alberta if i,m sponsored from there.tony.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 8:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyorei
ray, does this mean i would have to live in Alberta if i,m sponsored from there.tony.
Yes, you would. If you go via a province's PNP program then you usually have to sign something to say you intend to settle there. Some provinces have a minimum time you have to spend there (i.e. 5 years), but not sure about Alberta.

But you do have to live there at least as that province has nominated you for PR.