Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Sponsored parents and Police Certificates

Sponsored parents and Police Certificates

Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

Perola is a jewel in the roughPerola is a jewel in the roughPerola is a jewel in the roughPerola is a jewel in the roughPerola is a jewel in the rough
Default Sponsored parents and Police Certificates

Firstly let me tell you that sponsored parents' applications are processed! My son applied in January 06 and yesterday was informed that he is a fit person to sponsor us. We now have to send reams more paperwork to London but it would appear that the longest wait is over.I could not download the new Police Certificate from www.acpo.police.co.uk. It arrived in a format that my computer would not recognise although their site stated it was in Word. I gave them a ring in London and a very nice girl emailed the form to me straight away. There is one question on it that I do not know how to answer. After asking which country you are visiting it asks you to give them a departure date from the UK. What have other people put here? or do I send a covering letter telling them that it is out of my hands?