Sponsored Form Filling.

Old Sep 8th 2012, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

shaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really nice
Default Sponsored Form Filling.

Hi, sorry about the title. I am in the process of filling in my forms as a sponsored husband, my Canadian wife is sponsering me, the one worry i have is i cannot remember exact dates i moved house, here in England to another, as a youngster 18 years old and on. also i cannot remember my exact start leave job dates, and finally the day my father died, i was 9 at the time. Will this stop me from moving to Canada, sorry to sound vague.....regards.....Alan.
Old Sep 8th 2012, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsored Form Filling.

When I filled out my forms I stated on there that the dates might be out by a month or two and they never questioned me about it. I don't think they care that much about where you've lived in the UK, more if you've lived in countries with a more dubious background.

As for jobs, you can request your file from the Inland Revenue (or whatever they're called these days) and that will provide some information about where you lived and worked. Probably not enough to determine exact dates, but it should give you a rough idea.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

shaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really nice

Originally Posted by MarkG
When I filled out my forms I stated on there that the dates might be out by a month or two and they never questioned me about it. I don't think they care that much about where you've lived in the UK, more if you've lived in countries with a more dubious background.

As for jobs, you can request your file from the Inland Revenue (or whatever they're called these days) and that will provide some information about where you lived and worked. Probably not enough to determine exact dates, but it should give you a rough idea.
Hi, and thank you MarkG, never thought of the inland revenue. Much appreciated....Alan.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 4:32 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with the above - I couldn't remembe exact dates either so put down as much as I could remember
Old Sep 9th 2012, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shaman
Hi, and thank you MarkG, never thought of the inland revenue. Much appreciated....Alan.
I think you have to look under 'data protection act' or 'subject access' on their web site. If you search here someone has probably posted a link to the relevant page (I think I did a year or two back).
Old Sep 9th 2012, 1:55 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Shaman, I didn't put, 'dates' I put months, as in Feb 98 to Dec 2000, with both my addresses and employment. I didn't have the foggiest as to the telephone numbers either. I knew that the dates for my CV were pretty good, but as to bedsits etc., they were fairly approximate. Best of luck, the forms do seem pretty daunting at first.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MillieF
Shaman, I didn't put, 'dates' I put months, as in Feb 98 to Dec 2000, with both my addresses and employment. I didn't have the foggiest as to the telephone numbers either. I knew that the dates for my CV were pretty good, but as to bedsits etc., they were fairly approximate. Best of luck, the forms do seem pretty daunting at first.
Thanks Guy,s, for taking the trouble to answer my question/query...regards....Alan.