To sponsor or TWP

Old Aug 3rd 2015, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

bert07 has a reputation beyond reputebert07 has a reputation beyond reputebert07 has a reputation beyond reputebert07 has a reputation beyond reputebert07 has a reputation beyond reputebert07 has a reputation beyond reputebert07 has a reputation beyond reputebert07 has a reputation beyond reputebert07 has a reputation beyond reputebert07 has a reputation beyond reputebert07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default To sponsor or TWP

I am sinking a bit with information at the moment so if this is covered somewhere feel free to direct me to it.

My OH has a job offer from his company to move from UK to Alberta. They will support the visa application etc.
I have Canadian Citizenship (by descent so cannot pass it on to the kids) but can sponsor them/OH.

We are looking for the quickest, most straightforward and easiest approach to getting me, the OH and the 3 (3rd due anyday) kids over.

I will be on maternity leave initially and most likely a stay home mom for the next year so I am confused about whether I can sponsor my OH and the kids for PR. I won't have an income, OH's income will be approx $100k we do have some savings (approx £10k which can be converted to $). I read somewhere that the savings/income "may" not be required but no further clarification about who classifies for the "may". How do I prove I can support the family financially as a sponsor if I am not working/don't have job - surely this will be the crux of the application and may cause a refusal. (In the UK I work in education so any employment I do secure will most likely be in a new industry/career change due to the restrictions in Canada on teacher approval).
Also, it is not overly clear on the current timescales - the London office are suggesting 2 years so I had written that option off, however I just came across someones tracking info on here suggesting it is much quicker than that?

I have been looking at if it was quicker and more straightforward for the employer to support a TWP and then once we are there and I am working/we have a solid financial history we can apply for PR. However, I got stuck with regards to the kids - do they get added onto a TWP or do I still need to sponsor them?

Hopefully, this all makes sense! I have had a bit of a ramble.
Old Aug 4th 2015, 8:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To sponsor or TWP

Hi, and welcome to BE.

There's no need for you to be earning anything at all to sponsor your husband/children, but if you want the quickest option then a TWP would be it.

PR via spousal sponsorship is generally quicker than the CIC website states (bear in mind that the London 'average' includes those that are from Pakistan and other high fraud countries, so that pushes the average up - it's usually nowhere near that for a run of the mill UK applicant), but it will still take approx 10 months going on current timescales.

So if your husband's potential employer are happy to get him over, then a TWP would be the way to go from what you've said. Will he qualify for an intra-company transfer TWP? Or will he need a LMIA? If no LMIA is needed then it will be much quicker, and you can all just get on a plane tomorrow and he can get his TWP at the airport. You would get an open work permit, and the kids would be able to stay as long as his TWP too.

HTH, good luck.