Wikiposts

Sponsor Spouse - Questions!

Old Jun 29th 2010, 2:52 am
Just Joined

embracetheworld is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsor Spouse - Questions!

My husband moved to Canada 6 months ago (he was born there) I live in Cyprus and have just done my medical and wish to submit my forms. We're both in our 30's, no kids...

1. Does my husband need to submit all of the forms, documents and my medical from Canada? I'm moving there on the 13th of July (in two weeks) and want to use the outside of Canada route as it's faster. So I'll need to send everything soon.

2. I'm a bit confused about the fees. Could you tell me if this is correct:

Sponsorship application (per application) $75
Principal applicant $475
A family member of the principal applicant who is 22 years of age or older, or is less than 22 years of age and is a spouse or common-law partner $550
Total = $1100

Any other fees I'm missing?

3. Is it acceptable if I choose the outside of Canada route and move there on the 13th of July? I can send everything this week.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 29th 2010, 4:46 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsor Spouse - Questions!

Hi

Originally Posted by embracetheworld
My husband moved to Canada 6 months ago (he was born there) I live in Cyprus and have just done my medical and wish to submit my forms. We're both in our 30's, no kids...

1. Does my husband need to submit all of the forms, documents and my medical from Canada? I'm moving there on the 13th of July (in two weeks) and want to use the outside of Canada route as it's faster. So I'll need to send everything soon.

2. I'm a bit confused about the fees. Could you tell me if this is correct:

Sponsorship application (per application) $75
Principal applicant $475
A family member of the principal applicant who is 22 years of age or older, or is less than 22 years of age and is a spouse or common-law partner $550
Total = $1100

Any other fees I'm missing?

3. Is it acceptable if I choose the outside of Canada route and move there on the 13th of July? I can send everything this week.

Thanks in advance!
1. Go back read the instructions again.
2. Your spouse has to submit the sponsorship and your application with all the attachments, including proof of medical, police certificates and proof of relationship.
3. Fees would be $550 (sponsorship and application)+ $490 (Right of Permanent Resident Fee)= $1040. assuming you have no children included in the application.
4. You can use the out of Canada process. Also don't forget you have to choose an overseas office where the application will be processed depending on your citizenship/residency. Note if there is an interview, it will be at the overseas office.