Wikiposts

Sponsor Spouse Outside of Canada

Old Jul 8th 2010, 8:55 am
Just Joined

embracetheworld is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsor Spouse Outside of Canada

My Canadian husband moved back to Toronto six months ago while I stayed in Cyprus. We were living in Cyprus throughout the duration of our relationship (10 years) I have a British passport but I'm a resident of Cyprus and have been living here for the past 18 years. We've just finished filling out our forms for the sponsorship (outside of Canada) but I'm visiting my husband next Tuesday and plan to submit our documents to CIC when I get there. Will it create a problem if I'm in Canada and we choose the outside of Canada route? My return ticket is for November. I wasn't planning to visit him until I sent the forms but he surprised me with a ticket a few days ago. Please advise! Thank you.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 9:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsor Spouse Outside of Canada

Originally Posted by embracetheworld
My Canadian husband moved back to Toronto six months ago while I stayed in Cyprus. We were living in Cyprus throughout the duration of our relationship (10 years) I have a British passport but I'm a resident of Cyprus and have been living here for the past 18 years. We've just finished filling out our forms for the sponsorship (outside of Canada) but I'm visiting my husband next Tuesday and plan to submit our documents to CIC when I get there. Will it create a problem if I'm in Canada and we choose the outside of Canada route? My return ticket is for November. I wasn't planning to visit him until I sent the forms but he surprised me with a ticket a few days ago. Please advise! Thank you.
No problems at all, many people on here have chosen the outland route when in Canada. It's much, much quicker than inland, although if you do get called for an interview, bear in mind you'd have to fly to wherever your visa office will be.

Good luck and have fun in Canada!
Old Jul 8th 2010, 9:07 am
Just Joined

embracetheworld is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sponsor Spouse Outside of Canada

That's GREAT, I just breathed a sigh of relief!!!
Thank you for the quick response!!!