Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Sponsor Questionnaire - Provide additional details of relationship

Sponsor Questionnaire - Provide additional details of relationship

Old May 28th 2012, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

carley_jackson will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sponsor Questionnaire - Provide additional details of relationship

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Yep, there was one section as well that was a "Provide a narrative of your relationship" - husband just about barfed when he read it. 5 pages of how we met first, him asking me on our first date, deciding to move in together, first trips together, how he proposed, and plans for the wedding (app was submitted pre-wedding)... lots of schmaltz in there, haha. Genuine, yes, but his gag reflex is pretty weak. :P

The photo essay as well was pretty telling - it was about 60 photos long with a narrative going through it - basically is almost a picture book to go along with the other essay, had pics of us on trips together, pics with family members, at his brother's son's christening, pics from our engagement, that sort of thing. I included it along with all the other factual stuff one, to back it up, and two, they need all of it!
Hubby and I did exactly the same, had an appendix that we were able to refer to for the additional evidence of continuing relationship question. This included the usual bills, joint bank account, plane tickets, boarding passes, tickets to events we've been to etc. Also included a photo timeline (not as in depth as yours) just a who what where when for our 50 individual pics. Also we both wrote essays full of mush haha explaining how our relationship progressed. We got several friends and family members to write letters too in support of our relationship.
Old May 31st 2012, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carley_jackson
Hubby and I did exactly the same, had an appendix that we were able to refer to for the additional evidence of continuing relationship question. This included the usual bills, joint bank account, plane tickets, boarding passes, tickets to events we've been to etc. Also included a photo timeline (not as in depth as yours) just a who what where when for our 50 individual pics. Also we both wrote essays full of mush haha explaining how our relationship progressed. We got several friends and family members to write letters too in support of our relationship.
what did you put for the sponsors section where it asks for additional evidence. I have all this for the applicants section. I have now gotten my husband to write a letter as suggested by siouxie but it doesnt sound like anyone else put evidence under the sponsors section specifically...
Old Jun 1st 2012, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

carley_jackson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by scottish_maple
what did you put for the sponsors section where it asks for additional evidence. I have all this for the applicants section. I have now gotten my husband to write a letter as suggested by siouxie but it doesnt sound like anyone else put evidence under the sponsors section specifically...
I used the same evidence as the applicant but wrote a Page that said please refer to pg bla bla (I numbered every page) and made sure to clarify everything on my table of contents too. I basically just copied and pasted from the applicant question that is the same but changed the name around.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carley_jackson
I used the same evidence as the applicant but wrote a Page that said please refer to pg bla bla (I numbered every page) and made sure to clarify everything on my table of contents too. I basically just copied and pasted from the applicant question that is the same but changed the name around.
oh ok, thank you for that