Sponsor Questionairre

Old Oct 16th 2015, 12:14 am
Just Joined

bigheanzo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsor Questionairre

Question No.16 asks if I have any children. My wife and I (who I'm sponsoring) have 2 kids, but I've already secured their Canadian Citizenship certificates. Do I need to include them on this form?

Thanks
Old Oct 16th 2015, 1:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsor Questionairre

Originally Posted by bigheanzo
Question No.16 asks if I have any children. My wife and I (who I'm sponsoring) have 2 kids, but I've already secured their Canadian Citizenship certificates. Do I need to include them on this form?

Thanks
Have you found the brilliant FAQ yet? Link above on sticky thread, which may answer your question - Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ : British Expat Wiki

If not, I'm sure that Schooks (our resident spousal pro) will be along to help shortly.

HTH.
Old Oct 16th 2015, 8:28 am
Just Joined

Have you found the brilliant FAQ yet? Link above on sticky thread, which may answer your question - Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ : British Expat Wiki

If not, I'm sure that Schooks (our resident spousal pro) will be along to help shortly.
Yeah, I had a look at the Wiki (which is brilliant, by the way, and thanks to whoever came up with it) and it had nothing specific about that question. Read somewhere that you don't have to mention your kids if they're Canadian citizens, not sure if that's true.

Thanks for the reply
Old Oct 16th 2015, 11:14 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigheanzo
Yeah, I had a look at the Wiki (which is brilliant, by the way, and thanks to whoever came up with it) and it had nothing specific about that question. Read somewhere that you don't have to mention your kids if they're Canadian citizens, not sure if that's true.

Thanks for the reply
Umm yes it does actually - christmasoompa linked directly to it.
I have a child who is Canadian. Do they need to be included on my application form?

No. Canadian children do not need to be sponsored, and should not be included on your application. This article from CIC helps determine whether your child is already Canadian: I am Canadian. My children were born outside Canada. Are they Canadian?

It is strongly recommended you get your child's Canadian paperwork in order (citizenship certificate, passport) before you move to Canada.

Non-Canadian children DO need to be included on your application.
Old Oct 16th 2015, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
on the Sponsor Questionnaire, the Q is asking if you, the sponsor, have any children. You have two. So you will answer Yes. It is not asking whether you are including them in the application to come to Canada, because you are not making an application. Your wife is. On her own set of forms as the applicant, she will not include them if they are Canadian Citizens in the specific Q about the number of people applying to come to Canada (as indicated in the post above). However, she must declare them everywhere where she is asked to list her dependents, if they are her dependent children. And so must you on your forms.

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Oct 16th 2015 at 3:02 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2015, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

Got it. Thanks for the help everyone. Much appreciated
Old Oct 21st 2015, 12:24 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

I've updated the Wiki to address this specifically, there's now a section specifically for Q15 on the Sponsor Questionnaire.
Old Oct 21st 2015, 2:10 am
Just Joined

Hey thanks so much for that. Getting through the forms and wife gradually getting the address of every student flat she lived in Glasgow and Dublin for her police clearances. Long process, but it will be worth it