Wikiposts

sponsor question

Old Jun 3rd 2007, 10:06 am
Just Joined

QSTP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sponsor question

Hello Mr Miller,

I am a PR of Canada and wish to sponsor my fiancee after marriage from India. Our engagement happened very recently and wedding to take place in India in Aug.

I am exploring the quickest and safest way to get her early to Canada. Can I apply for the sponsorship now with the existing information, like proof of our relationships (engagement details, phone bills, emails etc) and then provide them with a valid marriage certificate later after the wedding. Does the medical need to be done before/after wedding?

Will it cut short the processing time if filed now? or is it advisable to apply after wedding. Please give your inputs.

Thanks

QSTP
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 10:13 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sponsor question

Hi

Originally Posted by QSTP
Hello Mr Miller,

I am a PR of Canada and wish to sponsor my fiancee after marriage from India. Our engagement happened very recently and wedding to take place in India in Aug.

I am exploring the quickest and safest way to get her early to Canada. Can I apply for the sponsorship now with the existing information, like proof of our relationships (engagement details, phone bills, emails etc) and then provide them with a valid marriage certificate later after the wedding. Does the medical need to be done before/after wedding?

Will it cut short the processing time if filed now? or is it advisable to apply after wedding. Please give your inputs.

Thanks

QSTP
1. No you can't sponsor her prior to the wedding. She can have the medical before the wedding.
2. Note that you cannot submit the sponsorship to Mississauga until you return to Canada.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 6:36 pm
I'll have a double double

dozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by QSTP
Hello Mr Miller,

I am exploring the quickest and safest way to get her early to Canada.
QSTP
The quickest, simplest way would be for you to join your OH in India after August and apply from there as Sponsorship from Outside of Canada is typically faster, plus it would weigh in more favour for proof of your relationship. You should at the very least book her medicals and grab a copy of her police record in the meantime as they can a take a while.

rgds

John

Last edited by dozy_muppet03; Jun 3rd 2007 at 6:38 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 6:53 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately only Canadian citizens are eligible to sponsor spouses while residing with them abroad. Permanent Resident must be in Canada to sponsor spouse.