Wikiposts

sponsership of spouse

Old Apr 27th 2005, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

Mystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really nice
Default sponsership of spouse

Hi all

My wife has recently just obtained Canadian citizenship along with our two children , We are currently residing in the UK .
Now she has to sponsor Me .
After wading through the sponsorship forms it would appear that she has to be living in Canada before she/we can apply for my permanent residency . Is this right ?

Can I accompany her to Canada next year and apply to be sponsored there ?

Sorry if I appear to be asking the obvious , I`m sure I won`t be the first one to find the form filling quite daunting

Best regards
Phil
Old Apr 27th 2005, 2:27 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: sponsership of spouse

Canadian citizens can sponsor their spouses and common-law partners while still residing with them abroad.

Originally Posted by Mystic Kazza
Hi all

My wife has recently just obtained Canadian citizenship along with our two children , We are currently residing in the UK .
Now she has to sponsor Me .
After wading through the sponsorship forms it would appear that she has to be living in Canada before she/we can apply for my permanent residency . Is this right ?

Can I accompany her to Canada next year and apply to be sponsored there ?

Sorry if I appear to be asking the obvious , I`m sure I won`t be the first one to find the form filling quite daunting

Best regards
Phil
Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

cello is on a distinguished road

That is what we have done.
Takes a good 8 or 9 months from the start, or so I'm hoping!
We should be reviewed within 6 months now.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 8:19 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cello
That is what we have done.
Takes a good 8 or 9 months from the start, or so I'm hoping!
We should be reviewed within 6 months now.
such kinda sponsorships do take longer, but its worth it.... atleast u are with ur loved ones.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

Mystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really nice
Smile Re: sponsership of spouse

Thanks for the replies , that clears that up then .
- till next time .

Cheers
Phil
Old Apr 28th 2005, 7:47 am
Banned

seabass is an unknown quantity at this point

Just interested Mystic as to how long your wife was a permanent resident before she became a canadian citizen, and how come she is in england when she got citizenship? have you been together in england for a long time?
Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by seabass
Just interested Mystic as to how long your wife was a permanent resident before she became a canadian citizen, and how come she is in england when she got citizenship? have you been together in england for a long time?
Hi
Neither , Her family is canadian , but she was born here in the UK in 1966 , so we applied through the `back door` , so to speak .

I really feel for you all on the boards as it must be very frustrating going through the process . I feel almost guilty as we haven`t had to be hauled over the coals unlike some of you .

Good luck to everybody !

Phil
Old Apr 29th 2005, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mystic Kazza
Hi
Neither , Her family is canadian , but she was born here in the UK in 1966 , so we applied through the `back door` , so to speak .

I really feel for you all on the boards as it must be very frustrating going through the process . I feel almost guilty as we haven`t had to be hauled over the coals unlike some of you .

Good luck to everybody !

Phil
Hello *mystic kazza*......how exciting for you and your family. *VBS*......
please do not feel guilty, if we could all get through the process easier..we would too.
Many of us here are applying through a spouse visa process...so we are much the same. Also my husbands mother is scottish so we could take the (maybe easier) way out if we wanted to move to the UK or whatever. which i doubt, would be more than likely back to Australia. but who knows what is around the corner...life is an adventure so enjoy the ride!