sponser

Old Jan 3rd 2009, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

spockil is on a distinguished road
Default sponser

hi all
I have been looking at the cic website. and could someone clarify something for me. I have an aunt that lives out in alberta is it possible to use her as a sponser and live in another province. or do i have to stay in same province and if so for how long? and if there would be any restrictions.
it is a little confusing I am easily confused.
p.s. i am 30 if that makes any difference
many thanks
paul
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 2:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sponser

Originally Posted by spockil
hi all
I have been looking at the cic website. and could someone clarify something for me. I have an aunt that lives out in alberta is it possible to use her as a sponser and live in another province. or do i have to stay in same province and if so for how long? and if there would be any restrictions.
it is a little confusing I am easily confused.
p.s. i am 30 if that makes any difference
many thanks
paul

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum. You are lucky as Alberta is one of the few provinces that allows an Aunt to sponsor a niece or nephew (assuming you both meet the eligibility requirements of course) through their PNP (Family Stream) - although you would have to settle in Alberta. http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...ilystream.html

If you wanted to move elsewhere in Canada then you could apply for a Bunac visa as you are 30 - that would give you a years open work permit for anywhere in Canada, which you could then try to upgrade to Permanent Residency (although with the PNP Family Stream you'd get Permanent Residency from the start so that's a much more secure way of doing it). But you would have to get your skates on as it's only for people aged 30 and under (don't know when you turn 31 but you'd be ineligible when you do) and applications opened at the beginning of December. There are a certain number of visas available each year and they go quite quickly. Just Google 'Bunac' for more info.

Hope that helps, good luck.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi Paul and welcome to the forum. You are lucky as Alberta is one of the few provinces that allows an Aunt to sponsor a niece or nephew (assuming you both meet the eligibility requirements of course) through their PNP (Family Stream) - although you would have to settle in Alberta. http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...ilystream.html

If you wanted to move elsewhere in Canada then you could apply for a Bunac visa as you are 30 - that would give you a years open work permit for anywhere in Canada, which you could then try to upgrade to Permanent Residency (although with the PNP Family Stream you'd get Permanent Residency from the start so that's a much more secure way of doing it). But you would have to get your skates on as it's only for people aged 30 and under (don't know when you turn 31 but you'd be ineligible when you do) and applications opened at the beginning of December. There are a certain number of visas available each year and they go quite quickly. Just Google 'Bunac' for more info.

hi thanks for that wealth of information im still sifting through it all.
i turn 31 in aug.
im just trying to research all possible avenue that are open to me as id prob try find employment as a truck driver out there and if I can get into canada without companies help then i will be alot more free to pick and choose employer.
iv already discovered the trucking forums and I have learned so much from this site i am in danger of forgetting things.
thank you again
many thanks
paul
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 7:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spockil
hi thanks for that wealth of information im still sifting through it all.
i turn 31 in aug.
im just trying to research all possible avenue that are open to me as id prob try find employment as a truck driver out there and if I can get into canada without companies help then i will be alot more free to pick and choose employer.
iv already discovered the trucking forums and I have learned so much from this site i am in danger of forgetting things.
thank you again
many thanks
paul
Sounds as though Bunac could be ideal for you then, but don't hang around otherwise all the visas will go!

Best of luck.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

Hi all again
been looking at the website you put a link and now im really confused.
the alberta family stream doesnt seem to have an age limit on the family stream and the cic seems to have limit of 18 years old. my query is that i can get ainp but then would the restriction relate to the pr or not?
many thanks
paul
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

im prob going down family route as i think that would give the economy time to rebuild and be in a stronger position.